LCPD pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone been having pains at night? Do the pains stay the same or have they been getting worse? Is it a dull ach or piercing, or throbbing?  It seems to me that later in life after 40 or so the pain changes and it has become worse at night.  Has anyone had this happen to them.  Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Natasha, I somethimes have these pains. It helps me to keep the hip and my legs warm during the night. I hope it may help you.
  • Posted

Yes! My pain has recently become worse - that's why I'm here. I'm your same age too. At night my legs are restless and move often - like I can't get comfortable. Some nights it goes on all night ugh! Both of my hips were affected by the disease but I have one that's worse than the other. It sometimes will catch at night and startling wake me in pain from that. I'm afraid it's about hip replacement time. I have been putting it off. What about you? How are your hips doing?

• Posted

Hi Natasha and to Lawsrose,

I used to suffer from chronic leg pain at night.

I was around 9-10 years old when I was diagnosed in 1981 and have just turned 45.

Last year (2016), I had total hip replacement surgery.  The pain I used to get during the night has disappeared completely.

I can walk as far as the eye can see with no seizing up and no discomfort now.

In short, pain at night is not a good sign.  I used to get it in my hip, shooting down my leg and could never find a comfortable position - I used to have to rely on drugs (which weren't actually that effective) or just moaning and screaming my way through the night.

Give serious consideration to the surgery if that is a possibility for you, I say... smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.