LDL jumped from 220 to 240 on Keto. Triglyceride were lowered from 120 to 70. What is going on??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am beyond baffled. I'm 35 ( 162 pounds) and I just got my new tests after my last yearly blood test which was this:

1 year ago results:

• LDL: 220
  • HDL: 54
  • Triglycerides: 120
  • Total cholesterol: 310

I used to eat a lot of thai food, fatty steaks, burgers, etc... For nearly 7 months I've been on a low saturated fat ( no butter, no milk, no cheese, eating chicken/turkey ) + high healthy fats ( olive oil, omega 3, lots of avocados ), low carbs ( less than 30 grams a day ) diet. I've lost nearly 20 pounds and I feel great.

These are my new test results:

Current results:

• LDL: 240
  • HDL: 52
  • Triglycerides: 70
  • Total cholesterol: 310

The only good thing that fell down was the triglycerides ( 50 points ). However, I was frankly shocked to find my numbers being so bad. I have requested to get an LDL particle size test to see if for some reason maybe my particles moved from small ( bad ) to large ( better ).

I would appreciate any input to this weird situation. My numbers from 5 years ago were very normal and not high at all so this is a new thing for me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

People sadly have been brainwashed into thinking cholesterol is bad for them. Cholesterol is needed by the body to function, 75% of cholesterol is made by the liver only 25% comes from food, the body needs full fat, anything low or free from fat or sugar have more chemicals added to give the food taste.

By artificially lowering cholesterol with statins, the liver needs to work harder to make more. Butter, cheese, full fat milk have vitamins etc, the body needs, eaten in moderation as with everything is good for the body.

Read Ancel Keys and the 22 countries study, he was the person who started telling people cholesterol was bad, he ignored data from 15 countries because they did not fit his theory.

If you learn about cholesterol, you will not get hung up on numbers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.