LDN- anyone tried it for LS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am researching LDN as I am thinking of trying it to help with Hashimotos. It occurred that if LS is indeed an auto-immune disorder that perhaps it would respond to LDN too. 

Anyone and views? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It is true that LDN can be very useful in treating autoimmune diseases such as Hashimotos. I work with a lot of LDN patients and haven't seen it being used for LS but it totally makes sense. Will you please let me know the outcome if you decide to try it? Thanks and best wishes. 

• Posted

I would be very interested in following your research on LDN as well. I have been hypothyroid for most of my adult life (if not all) and I believe it is Hashimoto's although that has never been confirmed. Just previous to acquiring LS, I had a severe case of hypothyroidism for about 3-1/2 to 4 years. I suspect this is at the root of my LS.

Thanks for bringing this up. I had not heard of LDN.

• Posted

I just saw this message Metta, crossed paths. There are facebook groups that you have to join or if you google there is a fair bit of info online. I haven't quite made up my mind whether to try it as I still don't have my dosage of NDT sorted. Thyroid chat on healthunlocked :-) 

• Posted

Hi there LS buddies :-)

Did anyone have a try of LDN?

I bought some but haven't used it yet. My thyroid meds were clearly not working so had to change again and I am waiting to get stable, in the zone bloods before having a go with LDN. 

I would love to hear from anyone who has looked in to this further :-)

Seasons Greetings X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.