LDN low dose naltrexone for Polymyalgia rheumatica

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is  anyone doing or has anyone done LDN for PMR?  I jeannae st had it compounded and am going to give it a try.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

LDN has been talked about several times on this discussion board. Nothing life changing was mentioned though.
  • Posted

As I said in my reply to your other comment - it comes up every so often and no-one who has said they are trying it has come back to say it cured them or even helped significantly.

One of the top PMR experts in the UK told me they have looked at all the literature about LDN and found nothing that convinces them it is worth doing any further investigations. Often the things that promise the earth don't even give a bit of dust when you go into it! 

Do tell us if it makes a significant difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.