Leakage & yellow discharge 5 weeks post hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good day all,

I was wondering if this is normal healing recovery process or not.

I had my stage 3 internal haemmorids removed through the normal operational surgery.

I have noticed a small lump or skin tag on the internal one side of the anus which I can see some yellow discharge coming from it ( looks it is not allowing the anus to fully close). worth mentioning, I have good control prior to the BM and gases .

I went to two different doctors on week 2and 3 and they told me it is the wound still open .

My key issue is the after BM cleaning. I am experiencing a leakage of yellow watery discharge after each bowl . Even thou I clean my anus using water and I wipe every time with toilet paper . It will still leak for small amount max of 1 hour ( I have to put my pads after each BM) . Then , I will experience the yellow mucus discharge throw the day .

**My question is 😗*

Is it normal that I have the yellow discharge and leakage even though I am 37 days after my surgery was done ?!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi, i have exactly the same lump outside my anus, and a smaller one, i am 30 days post operation, to deal with internal roids and external roids, its a bit depressing having these lumps appear, i can say i have discharge etc, but are you still taking laxatives, maybe there are making you discharge a bit, my bigger lump doesnt hurt, it does itch a bit, and its right in the way, the smaller lump only just appeared today. Neil

• Edited

I had the same problem after both my surgeries. Yellow pus like discharge from about week three to week 7 when it stopped.

The doctors assured me it was not an infection but could not explain it.

If you go back and read my posts from a few months back, and some of the previous posts on this site you'll read about people with similar issues.

I hope all goes well for you.

regards,

Ian

• Posted

Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply.

Did it stop completly now?

I also went to the doctor and he told me it is not infection . But the wound is still open .

I am now 5 weeks post op and the yellow pus is very annoying . I am thinking to wait few weeks before going to the doctor again .

• Posted

Yes, it eventually stopped around week 7 after surgery. I still haven't been given a answer as to what caused it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.