Leaking a little bit

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, I am a 57 year old woman who according to my doctor, has been suffering with Vaginal Atrophy. But now I find that when I have been to the toilet to urinate, when I next sit down I am finding I leak a little bit? Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No experience about leaking it but vaginal atrophy can be well mitigated with estriol creams like Ovestin used 2x week on a regular basis + Kegel exercises + some 50X day + protein/gelatin supplements. Women that had difficult births may have to have surgery which is nowadays a common 1 day in hospital quick recovery procedure. No need to suffer. 

• Posted

Hi TheresaJS, Thanks for your message. I have actuality used GINEST cream for a few months for the Atrophy but it didn't help. So Doc put me on Vaginest tablets. There is improvement but not 100%. Going back to see Doc in a couple of weeks. The leaking seems to happen only when I sit down, not a lot but I can do without it all the same. Thanks again.
  • Posted

hi, lve experienced it at times, worst when l had coughing bouts following virus, allergy.  But also felt l hadnt emptied my bladder properly on going,

so felt a need to go soon after, l try to make sure its truly emptied, by using a wad of tissue to bear down on a little, but i do have intersticial cystitus which is a different problem, but if you leak soon after going it might be your bladder isnt empying fully. You might need to see a urologist for reasons.

• Posted

Hi lynne69494, Thanks for your message. This leaking isn't good is it. It only seems to happen to me the first time I sit down after going to the loo. Yes I bet I have to see a urologist but I don't fancy another operation! Thanks again.
  • Posted

Hi Shirley, It isnt a good feeling, and makes you feel much older than you are.  l saw urologist last week, just a consultation about bladder probs, he,s put me on list for a scan, l guess there,s different causes, sometimes it might be solved with meds, we all hope so,  l undestand your feelings about surgery and hospital, l had hysterectomy,gall bladder, scopes everywhere just about. Wonderful to go for years without probs, then like getting back on the treadmill, appt,s tests,

So lets hope meds solve the probs.  Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.