Leaking faeces after bowel movents.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I wonder if anyone else has this horrible problem and maybe help me resolve this. I have IBS Diverticulosis mostly constipation partly due to medication and a weak sphincter muscle. When i do go to the toilet i pass a normal looking stool and a little while later i find i am leaking mostly soft liquid poop. So i have been to a doctor who said i just have to live with it.I have tried various over the counter medicines and also magnesium. I am so low that i have to live like this. Can someone help? Thankyou.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Since you are mostly constipated this sounds like overflow diarrhoea. Basically stool behind the hardened parts turns to liquid and leaks out. You actually need to take laxatives believe it or not.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply leeniepie i have tried laxatives i.e. senna pods and at the moment i am taking Solgar pure Psyllium Husks Fibre and at the start of taking this i was ok for about 3days buy yet again it has stopped helping me which seems to be my problem with many things i try they all seem to stop helping me after a couple of days.

• Posted

Hey Susan, It must have been very difficult for you.

Do you think this symptoms is due to your diverticulosis?.

The mainstay of it, is the good dietary habit...you should experiment with your food, Start reducing meat and eat more vegetables and fruits, eventually you will find the proper combination of diet for you...If you drink coffee then also it can worsen your constipation, so slowly start finding the diet which helps you, everyone is different and everyone should have individualized diet....Plus do some yoga exercises which involves the colon and help you increase it's strength....hope this helps.

• Posted

Thankyou jello for you suggestions i will try your advice and hope i can get back to normality. Best wishes Sue .

• Posted

Hi, you could try chia seeds, if you soak a tablespoon of chia seeds in a glass of water for about an hour, it goes glutinous add a bit of orange juice for taste, this gives you about 4 to 5 grams of fibre mainly soluble fibre, very easy to drink, you can up this to 2 or 3 tablespoons after a few days, chia seeds are best soaked, check out online, this may help with constipation etc.

• Posted

Thankyou martin i will try the chia seeds in fact and suggestions are worth giving a go.

• Posted

just live with it? What joke is that ? See someone else, a leaky bowel is not funny! Get it seen to or ask to see the manager!

• Posted

Thankou sam it is something i do have to put up with and i know there are los of people who develop this. My problem is that after having 3 children the second baby was finding it difficult to enter this crazy world so they had to cut me and i was young and just accepted everything they did to me. When my doctor came to my house to take out the stitches he was appalled at the way they had cut me and as a result of this i now have this problem. As i have got older it manifest itself into the problem i have now and my sphincter muscle is vey weak. Sorry if this is too much information. Best wishes Sue.

• Posted

oops forgot you could try linseeds, if helps makes your bowel work better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.