Leaking of Condum catheter is making it hard to keep clothes and bedsheets clean. Any suggestions?

Posted , 4 users are following.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What kind of condom catheter are you using, and how do you go about installing it?

I used condom catheters for about a year, before I had an AUS implant. I used Conveen catheters with adhesive. I tried different ones, and different sizes and found that the Conveen Optima was the best for me. They have different sizes, and with variations in how much of the condom has adhesive. I did not use them overnight, opting instead for pull-up pants. As I sleep on my back, one pair usually got me through the night.

In installing the condom catheter, I worked to have at least a partial erection when I applied the condom. I would apply skin prep (to aid in the removal at night) and let it dry.I never had any leaking, while lying down or sitting in a recliner.

If you want to try the Conveen devices, they will be happy to supply you with a selection to try' if you contact them.

Glenn

'

• Posted

Thanks Glenn. I really appreciate your input.How did you find out your size.? It looked like there was a chart on their website, but could not find their website without it directing me to wholesalers. I will try getting on their website again. Is it just Conveen to find their website Glenn?

• Posted

Marky_Mark,

I can't post the URL or my post will get blocked. It's a Danish company, and you can look at coloplast dot us if you live in the US.I'll send the full URL via a message.

Glenn

• Posted

Foley type catheters have a tendency to leak. You may be better off trying CIC intermittent catheters.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.