Leaking urine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so I originally had my anterior repair due to the fact that I hated the bulge ( it was a grade 3) and was on the toilet a lot ... I also have overactive bladder and sensitive bladder 🙄. I'm 19 days out now from surgery and find am constantly leaking ur kne when am walking and still having to rush to the toilet ... Have just come home and could t get the front door open quick enough , therefore resulting in wet pants! My gynocologist did put me on some tablets for the overactive bladder but I don't think they have done abit of good ... Am worried that although this op has removed the bulge am not sure otherwise it has done any good ! I know I will always have an overactive bladder as you can't cure it you can only manage it . Just thought the op might of helped a little bit with it , am mad with myself and starting to think k should of just put up with the bulge , sorry for the rant

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Urine # .... Really must spell check before I click send lol
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

It is early days following your surgery, and remember you r your body is still repairing. After 6 weeks you will get better results with pelvic floor exercising and this should also help your recovery too because exercising helps to increase circulation and blood flow around th pelvic area . I suspect that you will regain more control of your bladder as your recuperation progresses, but do remember that some simple pelvic floor exercises will really help to make sure your operation has permenant results (no more operations) and you can get top-side of your overactive bladder. in time.

Easrly days yet! Be patient!

S

• Posted

Thanks for the reply , just feel like all I've done today is rush to and sit on the toilet lol
  • Posted

It is early days sarah but some medication takes some time to have any effect and some I'm thinking of for overactive bladder happen to be those type. If your gynaecologist prescribed them he is going to want to know if they have helped at all and if you have stopped taking them it will be very difficult for him to assess you. I took medication for an overactive bladder a few years ago and they did take some time to have any effect. It's up to you but it may be worth trying them again and give them a chance this time.
    • Posted

Thanks matron , j have been on the tablets since February ... She gave me them when I first went to see her to arrange the operation x
    • Posted

Oh so you've been on them a while then. How long did you take them for? There are other types of this medication that your doctor can prescribe if the original one didn't have any effect. If I remember rightly (although I'd need to check) I think about 6 weeks is the length of time before you really benefit.
  • Posted

Dear Sarah, It's very understandable that you want to feel ok, but it's very soon, give time to healing, in the surgery they lift the bladder and the urethra that used to be fallen and "wrinkled" now is lifted and more tight ( my gyn explained this to me) consequently the bladder is very sensitive now... And if you have overreactive bladder, I think you would be more affected than a woman that doesn't have it. I sincerely wish you get better little by little, hugs darling! 😘😘😘
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I am one week post anterior repair and I'm having the same problem leaking urine just after I pee! It's so frustrating, please let me
    • Posted

please let me know if you find some solution to this? Is it just because we're still healing? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.