Leaking urine smells of ammonia end of day, normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, i have had 2 children and have been suffering with a slight rectocle and cystocele. The past couple of days i have noticed a smell of ammonia in my underwear at the end of the day, is this a normal thing to happen? I do leak when i cough snezze etc.

Thanks xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It's probably that your urine is a bit strong, try and drink more.
    • Posted

Yep. Trying that today. I onlu noticed it at the start of my period so maybe that plays a part too. Who knows x
  • Posted

Ammonia smell is usually stale urine or old blood. Do you wear a pad when you havent got your period, that will give you some idea of how much you 'leak' by the end of the day.
    • Posted

What a good idea. I will try that. Its not a huge amount but little bits during the day i think. Xx
  • Posted

Try to avoid pads with 'extras' and go for organic ones, the chemicals that get added to'Always' pads can cause ammonia.
  • Posted

You could buy the most basic of pads from any supermarket for 20/30p

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.