Leaky anus, urinary retention, anal spasms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, everyone. 

My name is Findoli and I have been suffering from a series of health problems for the last 2.5 years. Let me start at the beginning. 

Nov of 2015, I had a bacterial infection. It started as a little bump on my wrist and it wasn't until late evening (nine?) that I saw a red line going up my right arm. So, I went to the ER. Doctors couldn't say what it was. So, they pumped me full of what the nurse called "the big guns." I don't know what antibiotic it was, but that's what he called it. After that appointment, I was prescribed an antibiotic. It was called Clindamycin (also known as Cleocin) and was to be taken every six hours for ten days. I did this. The following health problems ensued. They are divided between cured and uncured.

Cured

-Extreme weight loss (took prebiotic inulin and probiotics to return to my normal weight)

-Chronic anal fissure (comfrey oil is your friend; heals in a couple weeks)

-Yeast overgrowth (apple cider vinegar)

Uncured 

-Anal muscle spasms. I can feel, when I have to poop, my butt literally trying to stay closed so as to keep the stool from passing - no pain.

-Anal leakage. Clear fluid will come out of my anus every morning after I wake up, every time I have a bowel movement, and sporadically during the day. There are some triggers I have identified (drinking a cup of water too fast, eating too much too fast; maybe even exercise such as the exercise bike or mildly bouncing on my mini-trampoline). Otherwise, it seems random. Ruled out C. Diff. Stool test. Magnesium gel on/around my anus helped reduce the amount of leakage 20% - 30%, but it's still there.  

-Urinary retention/spasms. Literally, my male member will jerk back a few times and then urinate. Even then, it doesn't feel like I totally empty myself all the time. It just doesn't feel like it wants to go. I can feel my butt spazz at the same time, too.

-Blood in my semen. Whenever I have wet dreams, they're accompanied by blood. I'm a virgin.

These are my symptoms. The doctors I've talked to have suggested a nervous/muscular disorder, but without a solid way to address it. I'm 25. This is a problem for me.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry i can't be of a great help to you.  But going by my husband,have you had your prostate examined,it's worth doing just to rule anything going on there.

• Posted

I have had a basic prostate examination. Nothing fancy like cutting through the tissue of the large intestine/colon to take a piece of the prostate out. That just sounds too harmful to the body. 
  • Posted

Hi Findoli! I've had pelvic muscle spasms (levator ani) and frequent urination and constant urinary urge and found a lot of relief from pelvic physical therapy. I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome at 15 and with interstitial cystitis last year (I'm 36). When our pelvic muscles are tense, misaligned or injured, they can create a lot of discomfort and problems. I hope you get the help you need!

• Posted

That kinda sounds like what I have. Thank you. I'm going to look into it. Did you have a leaky butt, tho? That's the thing that doctors have trouble with.

• Posted

I should add that I don't have any pelvic pain. I did before, but it's gone now. The lack of pain also puzzles doctors.

• Posted

I haven't had any leakage and I didn't have pelvic pain most of the time. My doctor was performing a pelvic exam and felt muscle spasms but I felt nothing. My symptoms improved greatly with PT and a series od stretches that I do at home.

• Posted

Weird. I can feel my spasms. I don't feel pain, tho. I recently found a pelvic health center not too far from me. It sounds like they do physical therapy and other stuff with the pelvis, so I'm hoping they'll be able to help me like you have been. What stretches do you do? Is there a list online that's close to what you do?

• Posted

I do happy baby pose and another version where I lie on my back, pull knees toward chest and point them out, pressing soles of feet together and bringing feet as close to chest as possible. Do these for one minute as often as you like. I do other stretches prescribed by my physical therapist to stabilize my left hip and relax adductor muscle. I also have to work on strengthening my left glute to help the aforementioned problems. It's amazing how it's all connected. If you look online for stretches that will open up and relax the pelvis, you might find a little relief in the meantime.

• Posted

Thank you very much! I'm going to get onto this...

I also discovered a pelvic center, where the doctor specifically deals with all things pelvis. She and I corresponded over email (so glad I could get an idea of how much she knows) and she said it sounds like dyssynergia. Definitely some muscular incoordination. 

• Posted

Does your frequent urination also stopped after PT..

plz reply I to dealing with this problem

• Posted

PT has helped A LOT. I saw a greater improvement in symptoms after just a few weeks of PT than 7 months of diet and medication. You have to stick with it and do all of the exercises the therapist tells you to do at home, but in my experience it's been worth it. I used to have to urinate every 30 minutes or less but now my average is every 2 to 3 hours and sometimes every four and the constant urge to urinate is SO MUCH better but not completely gone. I feel almost normal most of the time. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

What do you mean by leaky Butt,is it mucus?
    • Posted

I'm not sure. The proctologist said it can only be mucus. One of the naturopaths said it was. I think he said something about how it's residual mucus, like with our nose, 'cause we get clear fluid out of our nose too. So, I guess. One other naturopath, early on, suggested my colon wasn't re-absorbing water the way it's supposed to. It's clear fluid though. You'd think it was water, tho, if you saw it first hand.

• Posted

I get you.  But it would be mucus,so I think with that you should have it checked out.  I'm the same and my GP told me I must have it checked  Colonoscopy or some such exam.  But I keep putting it off.

stupid I know.

• Posted

Yeah. I hear ya. I've got a thing or two I've been putting off as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.