Leaky Gas

Posted , 7 users are following.

Everyday I feel from time to time a little bit of gas slipping out without any control.

Anyone knows why this happens and what to do about it?

I did some tests and taking things (sorry the list is incredibly big so I wont share what)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i do too, i only take tums, thats it and i drink peppermint tea

• Posted

I have a very gassy bowel; it doesn't seem connected to any food. It was picked up on an ultrasound but no reason was given for it. I just laugh it off.

• Posted

I have no control over bowel gas. if it's there it'll come out, nothing I can do about it. It's been suggested this might mean I might have a weak pelvic floor, but this wasn't by a Dr so I don't know how accurate this is.

• Posted

Agree. Try to strengthen the muscles in that "region". Maybe try Kegal exercises? It could be a side effect of SSRIs, if you are taking them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.