Leaky kidney

Posted , 2 users are following.

My cousin has been diagnosed with a leaky kidney. I heard this from another family member & am not close to this cousin so haven't spoken with her. Is this considered CKD? How is it treated? I read about it but am still confused.

I've got CKD Stage 3 with just diagnosed as having an atrophied kidney so I wonder if kidney problems run in our family.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Lala,

I'm not a medical professional so can't say anything about leaky kidney and whether it's a form of chronic kidney disease. However, I do come from a family with s family history that includes CKD. So it is clear that CKD does run in families. However, it can also occur from various other problems, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, etc.

I'm sure others will post; they may have more information.

Marj

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Marj. My aunt, who is my father's half sister feels my father's side of the family has a tendency to poorer health than the siblings with a different father. It is just something I'm thinking on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.