Learning about why and how it hurts does help a lot

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I've had back pain on and off since I was seventeen. Since I mistreated my body at such a young age, I decided to study physiotherapy to learn how to recover. 

I want to share my knowledge with others who are suffering. It' s possible to get your life back because the neuroscience and the science of pain have really leaped forward. 

I'm working toward a free 7-day video course for those who want to learn the principles of recovery. What I've found is that for the most part quick fixes and passive treatments only provide temporary relief. However, active therapy and learning about why and how it hurts yields huge improvements in the long term. 

The 7-day course would include modules:

1) Understanding why and how it hurts is therapy.

2) Pain and tissue damage rarely relate.

3) There are danger sensors, not pain sensors.

4) Pain depends on the balance of danger and safety.

5) When danger persists, multiple protective systems can become turned up and edgy.

6) We are bioplastic.

7) Active treatment strategies promote recovery. 

These video lessons will be based on modern pain science and neuroscience

I'm looking for people who will actively engage in the learning process. If you're looking for something that's easy and requires no effort, this is not you.

These video lessons will be free of charge. However, after the seven days, you'll be asked to make a donation based on the value you received. You can donate as much or as little as you want. 

If this introductory course proves to be a success, I'll make a more in-depth course that will cover a lot more practical things like:

1) Breathing and relaxation exercises

2) Trigger point release

3) Muscle strengthening exercises

4) Stretching

5) Posture

6) Workplace ergonomics and more

The whole point of this is to validate if there is a potential market for my idea. I want to create a comprehensive course that will teach you everything that is up to date and based on research (I mean a lot - I've been studying chronic pain for five years now and I still don't know it all.)

If you're interested, please comment below and share your opinion.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It sounds a good idea. People will be sceptical of further charges or being tied into something but every little helps. 
  • Posted

It sounds a good idea. People will be sceptical of further charges or being tied into something but every little helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.