Leaving because of being Mentally unstable

Posted , 6 users are following.

So to get straight to the point of been in a relationship for over a year. I keep thinking I'm bringing my boyfriend down by being mentally unstable and constantly crying all the time and constantly being depressed. He says it's fine and that he loves me anyway. Should I leave or stay.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi oliver, give yourself a bit of a break! your partner wouldn't be there if they didn't want to be. simple! have faith! 😁

• Posted

right now the main thing you should focus on is getting yourself feeling better. You can’t be a loving giving or happy partner when you are going through depression. it will always get in the way.

Get some counseling and speak with your doctor about this. You need some support so that you can feel whole again. you may possibly need medication but that’s up to the doctor.

take one step at a time and one day at a time. That doesn’t mean you have to break up with your boyfriend but you could slow things down for now. talk to him and tell him that you plan on getting some help and that you want to be in the right frame of mind so that the relationship will be healthier. you getting help for this would make your relationship stronger because you are caring for yourself which will have a positive impact on your relationship. Hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.