LEEP help!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am scheduled for a LEEP procedure for moderate to severe dysplasia. I am worried how this will effect my sexual function? Has anyone had any difficulty obtaining an orgasm after this procedure or any sensory issues I should be aware of? I am really freaking out. I keep reading blogs from women saying they were no longer able to enjoy sex, reach orgasms as easily, or even become aroused. I am 30 years old and i am very in tune with my body, especially on a sexual level. I do not want my sexuality to be stipheled ever, but especially not while I am in my prime. Does anyone have any personal experience with this or any input?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate. I had LEEP a couple of years ago when I was about 38. I had no issues at all, was healed within a week although it did feel funny inside while it was healing, all my smears returned to normal and as far as sex.....well I did smile when you said you were 30 and in your prime. Wait till you are 40 its the best I have ever felt and believe me LEEP will not affect you in the bedroom. I hope this helps. Annie.
  • Posted

LEEP should not affect your ability to climax or the level of sensation during intercourse.
  • Posted

I have noticed a difference since having the LEEP, but I believe this is uncommon. I am 36. I am hoping I will return to normal at some point, but it has been a few years. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.