Leflunomide

Posted , 8 users are following.

I been put on these tablets leflunomide and i wonder if anyone else is on them and what side effects they have had thanks :roll:

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi lorraine ive just started taking this drug and im thirsty all the time[color=green:2ddc5b1602][/color:2ddc5b1602]
  • Posted

[color=blue:988f2d8ec9][/color:988f2d8ec9]hi lorraine I`ve been on them for 4 months the only side affect I got was a headache and this was cured by taking paracetamol 8)
  • Posted

I have been on this drug for 5 years, and my life has improved so much. Before I took it i was on methotrexate for years that made me feel sick and ill all day. i haven't had any side effects at all and my friends and family cannot believe the improvement this drug has made. i have had rheumatoid arthritis since 1985, been on crutches, couldn't walk etc, and every bit of my body was opainful. , couldn't get out of a chair without help. My consultant advised Leflunomide, and I am forever grateful... I hope everyone who takes this really feel better, and if you don't have it ASK FOR IT.
    • Posted

Hi I have a appointment today with my consultant and I have to choose between methatrexate or leflunomide I'm so confused. I am 26 and got phsratic arthritis. I don't have any children but in years to come I would. I have read so much on both drugs please can someone help x

• Posted

your very lucky ive been on lefluomide for 3 years i stil cant walk much at all and still in pain i got rheumy in every joint had it since i was 7 think its slowed down but thats all great glad you feel better my pain is worst but my consultant up the dose i cant take metrexate im on sulfsalzine they help
  • Posted

I have been on this drug for 5 years, and my life has improved so much. Before I took it i was on methotrexate for years that made me feel sick and ill all day. i haven't had any side effects at all and my friends and family cannot believe the improvement this drug has made. i have had rheumatoid arthritis since 1985, been on crutches, couldn't walk etc, and every bit of my body was opainful. , couldn't get out of a chair without help. My consultant advised Leflunomide, and I am forever grateful... I hope everyone who takes this really feel better, and if you don't have it ASK FOR IT.
  • Posted

Hi I've been on Leflunimide since Oct and arthritis was doing really well. Have had sever diarohea for over 3 weeks and following all sorts of tests they have now taken me off it and are thinking of putting me on methotrexate which I'm not sure about. Was also put on lansoprazole at end of Jan and wondering if that is really what is causing the diarohea, any suggestions.
    • Posted

hi i was taken off methtrexate injections as sickness was bad and working and put on leflunomide only on day 6 so no real bad effectes yet. we are all different though so you may be ok. good luck 
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with Lupus 8 years ago when I was 19, and have been trialed on all kinds of drugs such as anti-malarials and NSAIDS like Methotrexate, none of which have really helped apart from Prednisolone. Wary of the side effects and in an effort to get me off the steroids, I began taking Leflunomide in March 2012. As has always happened with immunosuppressant drugs, my hair began to fall out after 3 months before growing back after 6-9 months.

Unlike when I've taken other drugs, I also had quite a sudden change in eyesight after 3 months with my former 0.00 astigmatism creeping to -0.75, as well as a complete loss of smell. Another eyetest 4 months later revealed a doubling of my astigmatism, and a CT scan at the ENT hospital showed I have developed a large nasal polyp. I decided to come off the Leflunomide (after consulting a doctor of course) and have since been diagnosed with Kerataconus (astigmatism is now -2.25), and because of the nasal polyp I seem to have a permanent cold and can barely breathe at night.

Doctors are telling me the symptoms are not linked to Leflunomide, but I don't really believe this is a coincidence - before taking the drug I had perfect vision and no sinus problems whatsoever. I don't think I would ever go back on to this drug again.

• Posted

hi rich i have sinuses block nose runny nose and its got worst since i was on lefluomide feel like i got cold but never comes to much justblike a head cold hope you get sort good luck
  • Posted

I have been on Lefunomide for 3-4 months now.  The only thing that I have noticed is some thinning of my hair.  I also feel thirsty all the time but am on so many different medicines that I can not say that this is definitely due to Lefludnomide.
  • Posted

Hi iam new to this drug too and only taken it for 4 days and feel so sick, its as bad as methotrexate, not sure when is the best time to take this tablet. not sure of other side effets yet but will keep you posted 
  • Posted

hi day 6 now and apart from sicky feeling and increased thirst seems ok but as they say esrly days. i heard weight loss is a factor this would be welcome to conteract steroids but nothing yet. anyone had this yet
  • Posted

i have lactos intolerence so tablet upset my stomach but my consultant let stop leflunomide making me sick and split the dose 10mg morning and 10mg at night know i have no problem with them except ibs but have to take them take tablets for that
  • Posted

The biggest side effect I experienced was upset stomach which made rather load growling noises. I only got taken off it as my dosage was cut after I lost 7 stone in weight (planned) and I had a flare up. Certainly worth a try smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.