Left

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else have their partner walk out on them because they said

“I can’t do it anymore I can’t handle you being sick anymore it’s to hard” 

This disease takes everything. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that happened 😣 sending a big hug.

How long have you had AS, how advanced is it and is your treatment helping?

• Posted

Thanks I’m better off but it still hurts.

I have only been diagnosed since last year but I would of had it all my life. 

It is pretty advanced I’m only 29 and my spine is already starting to fuse and I can’t move most the time.

I’m on my second lot of biologics I’ve tried embrel and now humeria it helps me be able to wash and feed myself but I still have a lot of trouble I will be starting a new drug on the 18th of this month and you only get 3 try’s through Medicare so fingers crossed it works.

My condition is very advanced though I know a lot of people are scared to try the biologics but they are helpful and not as scary as everyone makes out 

• Posted

That's really tough I'm sorry. I'm 28 and apparently in the early stages but I have pain everywhere and I honestly don't know how mild or aggressive it is.. My rheum is also really passive and not concerned right now. I've been having a tough time coming to terms with the diagnosis but since the rheum isn't recommending any treatment right now I'm trying lots of alternative options.

Have you looked into diet changes or supplements. From what I've been reading it seems it can slow down progression and help reduce symptoms. Lately I'm feeling a bit defeated but trying to find energy and motivation each day to try something different. Turmeric seems to help my pain. My doctor said it is a good anti inflammatory and it's natural

• Posted

I don't understand what the problem is. I have AS and the problem is pain and stiffness, not illness. Are you becoming ill because of the biological meds? I recently was diagnosed with tuberculosis myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.