Left arm and leg numb and tingly.

Posted , 24 users are following.

Hi I am new to this groupsmile  I hope you are all having a good daysmile

I am after some reassurance (aren't we all!) For the last 24hrs I have been suffering with numbness in my left arm/hand and leg, aching, tingly and cold hand. I also get a weird semsation of like bubbles popping in my leg (best way I can describe it) -anyone else had this? I suffer with anxiety but it seems to of gone up another level recently, more to do with my health. I went to the doctors about it today and he checked me over, said he was not worried about it being anything serious and that 'some people get it'.  I said what about anxiety and he said that could be a possiblity- and that was it! I came away feeling no more the wiser and frustrated that my anxiety does not seem to be being picked up on as I have mentioned it a couple of times previously. It seems to be one thing after another at the mo and i am really struggling with the way my anxiety is taking over me - I hate it and I do not want to be like this.  Does anyone have any reccomendations of books, Utube, on anxiety?  I need reassurance and lots of it! Thank you in advance smile

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

OMG! You are describing the exact same symptoms I was experiencing, I freaked out so much I went to see a neurologist. I’ve battled anxiety for almost my whole life and still have to deal with things that I don’t know if it’s anxiety or something else. It’s really nerve racking not knowing if it’s something else or just a consequence of anxiety. I cut off all processed sugars from my diet two months ago, and it has helped, it hasn’t cured it but it has helped.

I am continuously searching doing things here and there to help me cope. I find reading articles online and forums to be very helpful, just being able to relate to other people who are going through the same. 

• Posted

Ow wow really ( that's so good to hear not in a bad way but shows me I'm not alone and makes me realise it is all anxiety) how long did u have the tingerling and numb feeling for, im now having cbt and the link seems to be wen I'm not occupied or sitting watching tv in eve early morning wen I wake it seems to be when I'm just chilling, if busy I don't realise or have the Pain and tingerling... I wish I could see some one but I get worried that they will say it's summin bad and it freaks me out I've had blood tests all came back normal a few months back just a vit d deifincency... really, what other things help? Hope ur okay xx

• Posted

Epsom salt baths with lavendar oil or other essential oils (5-10 drops) 2 cups salts.

I soak for 30 minutes in a fairly hot bath, and I honestly can bring my anxiety from a 8-10, all the way down to a 3-4.

The magnesium is also very good going directly into your skin that way, and it helps you sleep immensly.

I agree, these threads are very reassuring that we aren't the only ones etc. I too have the tingling numb feeling all down left leg into foot, and in my arms and hands

It comes and goes. I read alcohol abuse can cause neuropathy in the nerves, so im gonna cut out alcohol and see if it makes it goes away. I only drank a few glasses of wine 3-4 nights a week, but I can definitely do without if it means feeling less anxiety and tingling lol

• Posted

Hey Paula,

Welcome !  I am new to the group as well.  Whenever my left arm goes numb, I immediately think I am having a heart attack, which sometimes actually leads me to the emergency room.  I've been to the emergency room three times in the last 7 months for heart attack symptoms, and after 3 chest x rays and a ton of blood work has been done, they all tell me my results are normal.  This is my life.  I've been suffering with panic attacks and health anxiety for over 13 years.  When I first started getting panic attacks, I had simple worries , the normal ones, about college and about my sanity.  Now, since I'm older, my axiety about my heath has manifested itself into my panic attacks with symptoms mimicking a heart attack and stroke.  I feel all sorts of weird things.  My left arm gets achy, numb, it begins to feel very heavy.  Sometimes my leg aches and I think it's a stroke moving up my artery and into my lungs.  I totally get you and understand what you go through.  

Advice.. I would say when you start to notice these little things that cause you anxiety, just try to distract yourself and do something else.  Even if it's coming on here to write about how much anxiety you have.  I've always been a worrier, what I worry about has changed though.  

I feel like google is our worst enemy on this though.  Don't google symptoms, ever smile

Hope this helps you.!

• Posted

Wow, ur right google is the worse but yet I always fondness myself googling and working myself up in to a panic.. I have the same all worries feelings etc in my left arm and hand fingers as well as left foot now right it worries me so much that it's summin bad but after being on forums and haveing dnt I've relaised it's my anxiety... I wish it would just go and I would not have these feelings but guess if they do it will be summin else as that's my anxiety works it just feels I've been having these symptoms for months now b4 these it was a felling of a lump in my throat that went on for months too it's just so frustrating hope ur okay xx

• Posted

Has anyone also experienced bone-like pains? Specially in extremmities. That appear frpm one spot to another? Intermittent mild aches that come and go, along tingling? 

Also night sweats and the feeling of not gaining weight or probably loosing it even when eating enough????

• Posted

No not like pain mines more aches and tingerling but bareable it's jus my arms and feet and wen I'm occupied it's not there and wen I have nothing to do watching the laying in be it is, crazy what anxiety does to you 😩 and no no sweats or losing weight, I've gained if anything.

• Posted

Hi all. I get pretty much the same symptoms, i have had this ongoing for around 4 months now, numbness in left arm and leg, sometimes face and various spots on the left side of my body. I often think the worst as soon this happens, heart problems? stroke etc? had all types of tests done, bloods, CT, MRI and seen a neurologist, all came back as perfectly fine, however it does keep effecting me on a daily basis. I often start to feel dizzy now when i get these sensations.

Its nice to hear of other peoples expereinces with the same issues and i have not really thought it may be down to anxiety as its not something i have really thought about or know much about, however maybe it is something i need to look into more moving forwards to control these feelings and not have the worry controlling me

• Posted

I'm new to this group! and all the test that has been to you are my current pending test... i was in ER 3times and 2 times in Ambulance all doctors have different diagnosis... i had 3 brain CT scan in ER and chest x-ray and blood works and EKG all looks normal. i had brain MRI too and it comes back normal.

?i am currently referred to neurologist had done EMG (nerve test) EEG, neck ultrasound, lots of blood work (15 vials) and now waiting for head/neck and spine MRI

?i am also seeing a cardiologist because i'm feeling some discomfort in my chest ( feels like straight line pinch in the middle of the chest) they did Cardio PET scan, stress test, 24hr holter's test all come back normal. 

• Posted

Hello Everyone

I'm 34 and have a 7yr old son. I was born without a thyroid and was diagnosed with anxiety about 5years ago. I've been suffering the same numbness and pain on my left side as well. I've recently discovered that ppl with thyroid issues are more likely to develop anxiety and the fact that I'm a mother who worries constantly about her child makes my anxiety symptoms worse.

• Posted

Anxiety, especially some form of health anxiety is really hard to deal with. I’ve been having the same problems you mentioned, but exclusivelly in my RIGHT arm and leg. But than while very anxious I heard this story about a guy who had a massive heart attack with only symptoms in his left arm. And since the story three weeks have passed and what do you know, all my tingling is now in my LEFT arm and leg. The leg, which is always worse kind of gives anxiety away, as even my sick symptom Googling never found a heart attack with leg pain as the main symptom, but still, as it’s new to that side now I’m worried it’s a stroke. Anxiety, especially health anxiety is really a horrible problem...
  • Posted

I am pretty sure I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks for quite some time now but it is starting to interfere with my daily functioning. I have had my heart checked and even though I fail ekg and stress tests multiple times I have had 3 heart cath and all are negative. I go to doctor and they look at me like I am crazy and I am "ribbed" about being a hyperchondriac and people just don't understand how I have no control over this and I worry that maybe it's not anxiety /panic attacks and something is wrong. I suffer from migraines too. I have been under a enormous amount of stress/loss for years on a daily basis. Example today I had to travel and I all of the sudden my left arm went numb like I could not lift it and had a hot sensation go through my whole body and was lightheaded faint feeling. Is this anxiety/panic? It lasted about 5 mins then went away. Sometimes it my legs I feel like I can't move them this occurred recently while shopping no stress it was actually an attempt to relax and not worry about work etc. Is this anxiety? My symptoms don't match all the anxiety/panic symptoms but thinking it might be. I have done talk therapy and take medication but still this is taking over my life. My symptoms are extreme fatigue, weakness of arm or leg very heavy feelings, sometimes pounding heart, break out in cold sweats, dizzy, lightheaded. I notice no triggers at times it just hits out of the blue. Which leads to crying avoiding people, being afraid to do stuff because afraid this episode will hit right in middle of working, driving my kids, watching a school play, working or in important meeting. This has really gotten to the point that I isolate from my loved ones coworkers friends etc. Is this anxiety/panic? How do I stop letting it ruin my life? I have tried talk therapy medication positive thinking eating better foods etc. Any advice or words of encouragement greatly appreciated! Thanks

• Posted

just seen this and wondered how you are now? I feel the same!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.