Left arm and leg still not right

Posted , 4 users are following.

On Thursday I was sat in college and all of a sudden my left side felt numb especially my face. Ever since that has happened my left arm and leg still don't feel right, they feel weak, abit numb And shaky and I  can also feel it when I walk and now and then I'll get the numb sensation on my left side of my face. I've been to the doctors and she pricked my arm with a needle thing to see if I could feel it and I could, but this is driving me crazy. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up and then I have it for the rest of the day. I'm so scared that it's a brain tumour. This thought has taken over my life it's all I constantly think about 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Its anxiety! I get it all the time, it made me ill until my therapist explained to me that it is cause by all the blood in your body being needed by the heart because it is beating faster because you are anxious.... And the extremities don't have enough blood because its all focussing on the heart so you get that tingling feeling and numbness in the areas that the blood has left ie arms legs, face, fingers, toes etc
    • Posted

Thankyou, I was getting worried because it's only my left side and it has been like it for days especially on the back of my hand, wrist and my pinkie which is constantly there 
  • Posted

Hi just joined this groupsmile My anxiety is new thing to me so I am trying to get my head around the symptoms.  Emily I am at this very moment suffering with the numbness and tingling that you discribe and like you it is only down the left side, I have been in major panic about it and like you I am fearing the worst as it is just down the one side. I also get a pain in the left leg on the side of the shin. At the moment I do not know what sets it off as I can wake up with it and like you Emily it is lasting for hours/days, which i do not understand.   I can not get my head around as to why it lasts for so long when I think I am not anxious any more.  I thought i was suffering from health anxiety but I went out today and because I was rushing around it seemed to bring on the  symtpoms so I am a bit confused now. I am sorry you are feeling so crap Emily and I hope it is as reassuring to you as it is to me that we are suffering the same symptoms, not something either of us want but good to know I am not alonesmile
  • Posted

too much thinking gets you into trouble. Its probably just circulation cutting off when you are sitting causing cramps.
    • Posted

It's defiantly not that, I can feel it constantly even when I walk. Maybe I do think about it too much rolleyes 
    • Posted

Deffo not that, it's very hard to ignore having a numb arm, hand and leg, which aches, feels cold and tingly all daysad 
  • Posted

i feel you.

it's definitely hard to do daily work when your arms and legs hurting, it happened to me last week, oh god, the whole day was hell, thank goodness i feel good now compare to last week.

• Posted

ive had a numb left side (well i can still feel things) for almost a week now aswell as headaches, dizziness, sore shoulders and nausea. if it doesnt leave by friday, i think ill be making another trip to the doctors. theyll be sick of seeing me there!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.