left arm numb and heavy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone else get left or right hand side body numbness and forehead numbness/headaches? I've asked so many people yet they never know what to say and they just say its all in my head. I think I'm having a stroke in all honesty and I constantly fear this. Another thing, can anxiety cause visual issues like lack of focus or aches behind eyes? Anyone's opinions would be much help was I need assurance I'm not having some kind of medical emergency. Thanks alot, josh.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have had the same thing on my right side for 18 months on and off. GP thinks it's migraine/anxiety, but seeing a neurologist in June.
  • Posted

Josh, you sound ALOT like me! I started off having minor tingly sensations in my feet, never thought much of it, but then one morning, I woke up and felt in more strongly on my left foot. Got online, and freaked when I saw what websites were saying (big mistake) and from there, I feel that it has just escalated! For a long time, I think I was in such panic mode, for almost two weeks. In my mind, I feel that most of the time, my sensations such as tingling, headaches, numbness, aches, come from my left side, although it happens on the right too at times. It keeps me so worried. I do not full out panic anymore, but it is constantly on my mind, and I get convinced that I have C****r! sad Everyone around me believes it's all in my head too. It is really frustrating because it doesn't seem possible to be all in my head because the feelings and symptoms are so real!
    • Posted

Hi hjheath! The reply is much appreciated. I agree. Its awful isn't it? For around three months I was constantly hitting panic attacks but that has hugely subsided through medication. I still obsess with the physical symptoms though and I really struggle telling myself its all in my head because it all feels so real! My biggest fear is having a heart attack or a stroke but its like I switch what illness I fear? For around two weeks I thought I was yellow with jaundice and I believed I had liver disease so I urged my doctor to do bloods which came back fine but a high count of liver enzymes were present. I asked my doctor about this and he said it was due to the medication I was on ( pregabalin, quetiapine). Again, thank you for the reply because it assures me I'm not alone. Thank you!
  • Posted

I have suffered the same for 2 years now and was recently diagnosed with health anxiety and panic disorder. I was convinced i was having a stroke, especially because my mother had one , i had the sight problems, to the point of losing the sight in my left eye temporarily at times. This was diagnosed as migrane with aura which i had neverevr heard of. The doctor has me on propranalol for that. The numbness and tingling is scary too but it really is just anxiety
  • Posted

Hi Joshua;

Let me re assure you now that all you describe is also what will happen to me  when anxiety has overwhelmed me.

It is not in your head it is realas it can be.

At the worse of my acute anxiety attacks, my body goes into a spasm of the right hand side and I cannot control my leg kicking outwards and I cannot stand people touching me as my body screams in pain.

Often after this occurs it is then my body begins to go numb.

Starting with my toes and my legs that wont hold me upright.

I feel numbness in my fingers and around my face especially my lips.

My heart rate increaes dramatically and I can not communicate properly to anyone around me.

And even though i hear thier voices I become unable to respond .

I am often crying uncontrolably and eventually screaming in emotional agaony.

My eye sight becomes impaired and I feel like i can barley visualise people and things in front of me.

I get pains behind my eyes and feel so much pressure in my head and complain of head aches.

I become grossly dehydtrated as well.

I suppose this is the worse of anxiety if it is not treated properly and is allowed to continue without real support.

getting the support is a fight in itself and I so much wish you all the best and may you find your road to recovery of a very disabling and misunderstood serious health issue.

I live in hope myself that someday soon I will find what works for me.

And I find myself once again as I honestly feel so lost as to what ever happened to the man I once was.

PJ

• Posted

Hi is there an update on this x I'm trying to reply you all its such a relive I'm the the only with this I also expected the worse C....,MS ..., Stroke ... How do you people deal with it dose anyone take Anti Depression Meds like Zanex I can't spell it... My doctor wanted to try them on me but I heard scary stories so I backed out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.