Left back pain that turned into abdominal pain, fatigue, dizziness, body aches.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Sex: Male

Height: 175 cm

Weight: 66-67kg before this started and 60-61kg now.

Race: white Duration: 3 months Location on body: abdominal and back pain

Current medications: omperazole and buscopan

Drink: used to drink every week or two since this started only drank 3 times. Smoker: nope Tests done: basic bloods, urine and ultrasound scan

Hi before I start I just want to say that im sorry about the long story I’ve no previous medical history and no other problems, it all started on the 13th of October after a night of drinking. I woke up and my left arm and chest felt weak I was really worried I waited few days and went to the doctors and he told me it must just be a muscle injury. Few days after that I felt shivery at night so I went to the hospital next morning and they done a heart scan and an X-ray on my chest they said it must be a muscle strain and gave me naproxen for a week.

My symptoms weren’t getting any better I had pain in my left side round my kidney area which radiate to my shoulder and left arm and I was getting body aches. Sometimes the pain stopped and spread to the right side off my back for few minutes which was weird I was also getting tired at that time and losing appetite on and off.

I then went back to my doctors as symptoms weren’t improving and got my bloods done I came up vitamin b12 deficient so I got folic acid prescribed for my deficiency. After few days of taking folic acid I started feeling dizzy and my left eye started to feel heavy I was also getting headaches, shivers, sweats and temperature I went to the doctor’s and he told me it must be a throat infection however my throat wasn’t sore. He said it was red. He gave me antibiotics for a week but they didn’t seem to work the fever went on and off for 2 weeks also the pain I was having in my left side now appeared in the left abdomen not my shoulder anymore and i felt nauseous.

I was starting to feel a bit better after 3-4 weeks from the fever symptoms which was start of December however the pain in the left back/abdomen was constant I feel like as if there would be something cramping there sometimes in my back sometimes in the front. I drank alcohol one of them nights and this is when I woke up the next day as if my intestines were on fire. They felt like they’re burning and I felt constipated I went to the hospital they done a urine tests as well as bloods and told me I was fine although I felt awful and been feeling awful all this time. They said it might be irritable bowel syndrome and sent me home.

I felt depressed after trying to get diagnosed for so long and no one wanting to help me I went back to my doctor and told him how I feel. The left back/abdomen pain sometimes now spreading to the right upper or bottom side of my stomach still constant on and off everyday, feeling bloated, feeling weak, dizzy and tired. My doctor then done more bloods and my b12 came back normal this time he also told me to get an ultrasound scan done as well as an STD test which results I’m still waiting for.

So I was able to get an ultrasound scan at the end of December at a private doctor which was last week and the doctor told me I’ve a kidney infection as my urinate tract and kidneys were enlarged and I got my urine tested which I got antibiotics for and it got cleared this week. I also got told that ive a stone on my liver but it’s tiny and I shouldn’t worry about it. She also told me that I have a lot of gases in my intestines and that everything else seems fine. However I feel no different I’m still getting that left upper abdomen/back crampy pain which sometimes radiates to bottom left abdomen pain and sometimes to the right side and feels like something is stabbing me or cramping. I feel tired, my appetite comes and goes, I feel nauseous and dizzy. I feel bloated and sometimes have constipation. I get body aches shivers and night sweats. Btw my throat is still red. I currently started taking omperazole and buscopan as that’s what the private doctor told me to take for 2 weeks to see if my symptoms improve and in the last two months I’ve lost 4-5kg from this. I feel that all these symptoms are linked to the pain I woke up to the morning after that night. I just haven’t felt the same since. It’s been nearly 3 months now I struggle with my college work as well as my part time job due to this.

Is there any other tests or scans or anything I could do to diagnose me I feel as if something would be there inside my left side or are these the after effects of the kidney infection left untreated for 2 months as the private doctor told me ive been losing blood in my urine all this time? i also want to say that i dont eat enough since it all started so could that be a factor as well?

My recent bloods came back which were done before the kidney infection was cured and the only abnormal results were:

mean platelet volume: 12

neutrophils: 78%

lymphocytes: 15.3%

and these are my cell counts which came up fine:

my red blood cell count is : 4.89

white cell count:8.44

Can someone please help me !

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried taking simethicone anti-gas tablets?

• Posted

No I havent tried that, although the gas seemed to calm down now. The main issue are the pains round my kidney areas in the back and occasisonally stomach pains with the body aches, shivers and sometimes dizziness.

• Posted

You have tried everything else and gas has way of traveling and getting trapped. As for dizziness have your eyes examined by an opthalmologist.

• Posted

what about the body aches and feeling cold and shivering?

• Posted

That should go away when your other problems are solved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.