Left breast pain accompanied by sharp pains radiating from armpit, to extended arm.

Posted , 4 users are following.

the last few days I've been experiencing some breast/underarm pain. The pain is sudden and sometimes sharp. It radiates from my armpit to my elbow area. I'm also experiences some minor teeth pain on my lower left side due to a cavity that needs to be filled. my question is could the two be related? could my tooth pain be causing my other symptoms?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes it could be related. You could have an infection in your tooth and your lymph nodes could be swollen and that's why you are experiencing the pain in your breast area to your elbow. But to be safe I would have it checked out.

• Posted

Get it checked, always the best. All the best.

• Posted

Jen,

I highly doubt that the cavity in your mouth is causing axillary pain in your lymph nodes in your arm pit or the arm pain. The cervical lymph nodes would be the drainage point for your mouth.

You need to be seen by a clinician to examine your breast and to order a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. Please make an appointment tomorrow!

I am a nurse practitioner who also has done many breast exams evaluating for breast cancer. I also have treated for breast cancer.

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.