Left chest pain and pain in left arm Costochondritis? Or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been having left sided chest pain and pain going down my left arm started nearly 3 weeks ago went to hospital and did an ecg and all the bloods tropnin and all okay so got send home and told to do a stress echo. i did the stress echo and was all okay and started to feel a bit better but few days later bam pain back again left chest down the arm. doctor thinks might be Costochondritis but i dunno about that because i thought that doesnt cause left arm pain? i am getting referred to a cardio doc but gotta wait till jan 2nd to see them. i am kinda nervous about waiting because pain isn't good at ALL. i am a 30 year old male a tad unfit and a smoker. has anyone gone through this kind of thing before? i am scared ill be RIP soon from my heart or something.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you have an irregular heartbeat? Is your blood pressure normal?

• Posted

blood pressure is about 128 over 88 and my pulse is in the high 90s but in the 70s at rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.