left chest pain help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 17 female and about a month ago I was having a panic attack and felt two pops above my left Brest bone kinda by my collarbone and the two pops hurt ever since then its been hurting 24/7 it's been getting worse no one will take me to the Dr so I'm trying to figure out what it is the best thing was sternum but that's in the middle of your

Chest so I don't know it hurts I'm getting pain down my left arm is it inflamed or something I'm scared it's something serious

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sounds like costoChondritis. It's harmless, but can Be painful and annoying. My chiropractor treats it twice a week and I'm getting better. Don't panic! Young ppl get it pretty often, even old and I'm old. Worsens by stress, it's an inflammation in the rib cage, can be felt even in arms, back, fingers...sometimes you get it from exercise, too. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thank you!! Its scaring me do you get pains in your heart and you press down and it hurts and yeah I felt it in my arms and back scared something wrong with my heart thank you: )
  • Posted

HI again, if you worry about your heart, you shd have it checked. I havent checked mine, because so many ppl THINK it is their heart, but it is not. Sooo many ppl go to the ER, because they are thinking they are having a heart attack, but it is costo. I went to a surgery late one night because I thought it was my stomach, but it was the rib irritating my stomach, I realised afterwords. It can give you all kind of symptoms that you can stress about and stress makes it worse, lol, it is a vicious circle. My knees are getting better now when my costo is healing, I can understand that, the rib cage is a very essential part of your body, affects everything. And mine was completely rigid after several months with costo, only after starting visiting my chiro it is getting better. What did my doctor tell me after she diagnosed it, actually nothing, she just told me to eat diklofenak. Im on ibuprofen still (better to my stomach), but just 900 mg a day. The costo has even given me some fever, at least I think it was it. I try to keep in mind that it is harmless, doesnt get so much attention from doctors. But ER doctors know what it is, they see it quite often when anxious ppl go there.
    • Posted

I was finally diagnosed with costochondritis last month after 12 years of off and on pain. If you haven't yet gone to the dr for an ekg and X-ray please put that on your list of things to do soon. Best to rule everything else out first but I agree it sounds like that's all you have. 

If you're prone to panic attacks find either meds or activites that will help you calm down. My costochondritis episodes come out of no where now. If you get them more frequently like I do ibuprofen may not cut it.  I'm on non steroid anti inflammatory meds now and it's made a world of difference. Good luck and remember to breathe deeply (when you can!)  

• Posted

Thank you!! I think that what it is but i keep on reading that peoples ribs hurt

but mine don't can it still be costochondritis and I know trying to get someone to take me to the Dr hopefully I can thank you again: )

• Posted

I have never felt rib cage pain. It's in the center mostly and varies from right to left at times. I do however feel it through my arms and into my back under my sholder blades. I have also felt popping near my collarbone at onset when I was younger. now it's a mor gradual pain. 

Yes get to the dr but in the meantime de-stress as much as ya can and take ibuprofen and spend some time in the bath. 

Also alternating ice packs and heat packs on your chest may help a bit. 

• Posted

ive had left side chest pain for 5 months now its just getting worse ive had 4 ecgs 24 hour monitor and chest xray all clear dr sed muscular skeletel problem or costochondritis not one dr in 17 visits have felt my chest the pain is under collar bone and into armpit aches when breathing it is there constant im so sick of it pain killers do nothing at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.