Left eye problem Posterior Vitreous Detachment? Dilating Pupil Problem?

Posted , 4 users are following.

, ultrasoulThis may be long When to eye doctor 5 months ago dilated eye was told i have Posterior Vitreous Detachment. I saw spot in my left eye constantly. Was told to come back in 6 weeks which I did, they dilated my eye and shown the light in it, but this time after they shown the light my right eye looked as though i was looking at the sun and took time for normal vision, but my left eye stated darker for much longer. The next day my left pupil was still dilated larger than my right. That same day sun bounced off my window and my left eye went dark, like I had sun glasses on. This happened for about three days when sun would directly hit my left eye. I went back last week doctor dilated my eyes ( I told him the problem i had with the sun glasses darkness that lasted about 20 seconds after my last dilation. He dilated my eyes and told me this had never happened before. This time he told me I had decreased blow flow in my left eye and to go to the emergency room it was a emergency. Went to the emergency room had ct scan,, mri, blood test, and blood test for inflammation, ultra sound of my eye, ekg, and ultrasound of cardio arteries all came back normal. However I had about 8 episodes of my vision background getting dark , almost like looking through sand, vision was fine I could see everything fine that lasted about 20 seconds. Retina doctor said eyes where fine, great blood flow!. Wants me to see an nero ophthalmologist, that is schedule in 3 weeks. feeling very frustrated, all symptoms have for now gone away

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.