Left foot turns inward when walking

Posted , 4 users are following.

This started very slowly and very minor and has progressed as time has gone on.

I'm 30 years old and when I walk, I can no longer keep my left foot straight, it is turning inwards- I can walk with my feet straight but only for a short time, like a few seconds and then it automatically goes back inwards.

This started a few months ago, only very minor and as time has gone by, it's got to the point where the foot can hardly be kept straight when walking and it looks as though I have some kind of disability when I walk, or like I have a limp.

Also (and this is odd) I have to twist my pelvis and twist my trousers and clothing in order to feel like I am walking in a straight line.

What is going on with me? Is it ataxia or something else?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have the same problem but is now both feet,one knee and have to wear a full leg brace and my neck tilts to one side,i was referred to the hospital and was told it was due to long term diabetes,something i had never heard of before. I have foot braces so they get pulled i straight when I walk,maybe this would be useful for you.

Hope you find the answer though and if you do i would love to hear what it is

• Posted

The feet ones are, the full leg one takes some getting used to as has metal all down it so that the leg doesn't bend, they are all a great help though

• Posted

I strongly recommend you see a neurologist as soon as possible. Only a neurologist can rule in or out a possible diagnosis.

• Posted

This is more common than you might think. I have observed this more so in women than men but both non the less and will easily observe this on a daily basis and more than once when out and about.

Is this something that was brought to your attention and not noticed before or has it only come about a short while ago? If so then most certainly go see a neurologist.

I observe the way people walk and their 'gate' because of a job I used to do!

• Posted

I saw a neurologist 3-4 years ago as first my lips started to tingle then go numb then i got awful pain behind one ear, woke up next day and one side of my face had dropped,one eye i couldn't open the other i couldn't close, my daughter took me to hospital that then sent me to another that had a stroke unit,they decided i had Bells Palsey and would be fine in 6 weeks, four years later my speech is still slurred, my food has to be pureed and my drinks have to be thickened. i saw a neuro psyio and did work with her that got me moving my face more but the neurologist i saw i wouldn't go back to,he told me it was to do with two types of medication i take shouldn't be taken together and i had got brain damage through it yet when he wrote to my doctor he said he thought it may be all in the mind,oh yeah,i love being like this,i don't think so,the pains in my foot and hip has me in tears

• Posted

Ok thanks everyone for your replies - I'll keep you all updated. I will see my doctor and ask to be referred to a neurologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.