left hand CRPS and BurstDr Stimulation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello  has anyone out there had a BurstDr. stimulator for CRPS/RSD pain?  I am particular interested in cervical BurstDr stimulator for upper body ie: in my case for my left hand. If there is someone out there with CRPS I would appreciated if you would share your positive or negative experience with this stimulator.

Thank You

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have a Burst stimulator in my low back for low back pain. I then developed CRPS in the ankle and the SCS happened to reach to the ankle so they programmed it to hit better at the ankle, I got about a 30% reduction in pain.  Now, I saw you said BurstDr.  Do you mean a DRG? Dorsal Root Ganglion? That is a very different thing than a normal SCS- that hits the exact dorsal root ganglion to your hand and so "should" be highly effective. They did offer that to me for my ankle, but I had so much else going on, I chose an intrathecal drug pump system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.