Left knee stiffness for almost 2 months after sitting longer

Posted , 9 users are following.

Im so desperate coz i use to walk normal..the stiffness is painful..its almost 2 months.i had my chk up.took arcoxia ..it was relieved but keeps on coming back..i think i got this after the massage i used..pls advise.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

To add, the machine massager i used is for the leg..but i put my both knee in the machine for only 3 mins the following day i felt the pain (i regret) .all my blood tests are fine. The most painful moment is early morning after waking up and after sitting longer. When i walk i feel pins & needles on my right hand. I can not bend now my left knee proprrly i ferl the stiffness.
  • Posted

What no one from the medical side has shared with you, sometimes it can take 6 months to a year for the leg to get back to normal. Just keep doing the eccercises. At 2 months you are just really getting a good start. Don't become discouraged. It is a long journey and without a forum like this, a very lonely one. Most docs just don't reveal much of the long recovery and the pain that goes with it. Often times you can work through something and a few days later it just pops up again and you feel like you have done something wrong but it's just the whole process playing out. Later this month I have to start my 5th complete rehab on this leg plus several more partial rehabs. It will be the 11th surgery on the same leg and none of the rehabs have gone the same way. Soft tissue damage just heals differently every time. Good luck and stay with this group as they are different from Dr's and therapists as they have all been through it, the m r focal folks haven't.
    • Posted

I totally agree, I had been housebound for almost 6 months before my TKR and thought it would change my life in weeks, it hasn't, when i went for my 8 week check up he didn't even look at my knee, just asked could I bend it could I straighten it, tried to tell him about the stiffness and pain,said he had heard it all before and nothing unusual, so left to my own devices, just hope it improves with time, everyone has so different experiences, but this forum does help.
    • Posted

Oh, you've gotta love the doctors and surgeons. I would have loved to see an x-ray of the new knees to really see how they were doing. But this site has helped me put some of the fears to rest.
  • Posted

Oldfatguy is a great encourager and wealth of information. Yes, the stiffness is a normal, albeit frustrating part of the recovery. I'm 7 months and still have it. Just keep walking, bending, straightening. You have to push through it and eventually (at least that's part of the hope I'm holding onto) it gets better. And mine has decreased some. Even the crackle and popping have become less...or am I just more accepting of them? No, I think they are less. smile Hang in there Dolores.
  • Posted

i doubht massage would have done any dammage 2mths is a very short time it happens us all.im 9mths on and still get stiff my advise is keep pushing on bending and straightening and walk i too take arcoxia  keep it up for another while you are doing way better then you think .after another few weeks with excersise and walks you will see a big differancegood luck chin up
  • Posted

Thank you so much i feel relieved somehow, i thought its lifetime...i would love to hear more from you guys.
    • Posted

2 months is a very short time in recovery terms, stay with it, My joint can be very very stiff but I remind myself that the stiffness is much better than the awful relentless pain I did have, I think we are all guity of expecting too much too soon, best wishes to you, stay in touch
  • Posted

Gosh a few months and heres me just nearly 3 weeks after my op and complaining about stiffness.  Its like taking one step forward to take 10 backwards next day when waking up.  I cannot believe the stiffness and getting a bend is torture.  I was let out of hospital uner a 90 degree bend and am now at a 107 so an improvement.  I was hopign this stiffness would go after a month or so.  Has anyone on here not got the stiffness after a couple of months?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.