Left Parenchymal Dysfunction

Posted , 2 users are following.

As per the EC scan, my left kidney is functioning 36% with 190.58 ml/min EC clearance rate and my right kidney is functioning 64% with 390.15 EC clearance rate. Are these stats dangerous?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

According to GFR, chronic kidney disease is classified into five stages. When only 36% kidneys are working, you are in stage 3. One kidney is functioning better than the other.

Have you seen a nephrologist? Make that appointment immediately.

• Posted

Awesome! You are on the right track.

No worries just educate yourself on the right foods you should be eating.

My mom had kidney disease and didn't even know it and was at a stage 3. She was eating everything that she usually would eat and in a couple of months everything went downhill but of course she had other illnesses.

Good news is that you can help your kidneys right now and most importantly you're seeing the nephrologist. Good luck to you my friend.

• Posted

Thanks for your emotional support my friend... I was just confused with all the information I collected from different blogs and websites.

I am not sure how come my right kidney is affected as it all started 3 months back when I was diagnosed with a ureter Stone in the left side post which I got 2 RIRS done. After the second stenting I got sepsis, I guess that was the culprit.

I am scared to death these days and 36% and some people say that right one is at 64 and left one is at 36 that means u have 50% total renal function... confused like hell.

Will get to know my fate on Saturday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.