Left Shoulder Pain for 3 Weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've been having bad pain in the left shoulder for 3 weeks, the pain is just left of the spine between the spine and the shoulder blade and I would say its a 7/10, it really hurts quite bad sometimes and nothing seems to help it.

As well as the shoulder blade pain i occasionally get neck upper arm and shoulder pain, i have no restricted movement, i can move my arms in any direction above my head and have no weakness. I really getting anxious on what this could be and would appreciate any support or advice anyone could give.

Kind regards

David

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

are you active or sedentary? Can you link the pain to any activity? It is possible you may have a rib out of place. maybe your Dr could refer you to a PT or a chiropractor after doing an x ray to rule out any other pathology. It would probably be best to have a health care professional look at it.

• Posted

i have a fairly sedentary lifestyle being an office worker where I'm sitting at for 8 hours a day and driving to and from work. I Cant think of any accident I have had recently that could of caused this, the only possible thing I can think of is playing with my daughter of 4 years of age who was jumping on my shoulders all the time, baring that I'm unsure what could of caused it. I had an X Ray of the neck and shoulders last week and am waiting for the results which I've been told can take 1-2 weeks.

• Posted

any update james ? i have been having the pain for past few months . did get xray and mri of cspine which came ok but pain doesn't go away

• Posted

I've been referred for physio, the doc is still pretty sure its muscular but nothing is relieving this pain. the pain is in my neck, upper back and shoulder blade all on the left hand side.

I have a telephone appointment with the physio department on Monday then i will get invited in for some treatment, hopefully the physio works.

regards

David

• Posted

good luck with that. i tried physio and chiro. chiropractor helped me more . i do hope physio works out for you. mine is left side too .. occasionally right ..only recently. my chiro thinks its posture related since i sit in front of computer whole day as well . please share if you find anything that relieves this pain. good luck !

• Posted

my pains got worse and worse and is showing no sign of letting up. I'm really anxious right now, I just want this pain to go.

if i bend forward i get pain on the left side near the shoulder blade, if i turn my body to the right, like I'm looking over my right shoulder i get pain, if i take a deep breath i get pain, what could this be? Muscles? could they really be this painful and sharp?

The pain us always on the left, mid back to shoulder.

Thanks for taking the time to read. David

• Posted

did you get any relief ? my pain has become worse. whole left side now ..left shoulder , left lower back, left hip and now ankles .. i am freaking out now ..ita been 9 months now ..2nd round of physical therapy going on ..helps very little. what could this be what do do ?? thanks for reading

• Posted

Hi guys

I was wondering if any of you have got to the root of your shoulder problems. I have had right shoulder pain since Christmas and today it is the worse ever pain. I've been to doctor and he referred me to physio. I am being treated for poor posture. Because I have early osteoarthritis in my neck my doctor thinks its that but my physio said it nothing to do with my neck. It's worse when I lie down at night and I cannot sleep on my right side. I don't know what to think anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.