Left shoulder, upper back, and upper chest pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 23 y/o who has had upper left back pain, upper left chest pain, and left shoulder pain for the past 3 years. It tends to wax and wane over periods of weeks but is nearly always there in some capacity. Some days I feel it more in my back and some days its more in the front. It feels sharp, pressure, and burning sometimes and is sometimes worse with movement but not always. I also have developed a lump feeling in the left side of my throat that has been present for a year and a half. It almost feels like there is a mass or something in my left chest. I've had lots and lots of test that have all come back normal (cardiac, gastrointestinal, numerous chest scans (CT and x-ray). My only medical condition is hypertension which I am treated for. They never found a cause for the hypertension at such a young age which always makes me worry the pain is my heart (despite numerous cardiac tests being normal). The pain has flared up again this past week which has caused my worry to come back thus resulting in me making this post. I have also recently developed morning nausea/dizziness the past few weeks and nausea is very unusual for me. I don't know if that is related. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Any input would help. Surely the scans would've shown evidence of some sort of indolent cancer if this is what it is? I keep telling myself its costochondritis or Tietze syndrome but it just feels too severe for that.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.