Left side abdominal pain with back ache

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there hoping to get some advice, I had a baby back in the summer months via C-section. Ever since then I’ve had a dull pain in my abdomen on the left side. Sometimes it is near the belly button sometimes it is higher up but it feels deep. I’ve also had a backache since around that time as well, it is up on the left-hand side but sometimes can feel pain in my spine. I have done massage therapy, been to the chiropractor, and done physical therapy none of which seem to help. I am concerned that it is my pancreas or liver. I have been to the doctor a few times and none of them seem highly concerned. It has been a nagging situation for months and I’m not sure what to do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

this left sided abdominal pain and left sided back pain... I have it too, it is really bad, it feels as though my back is digesting whatever I eat. Please let me know if you find answers

• Posted

strange that it started right after C section... I would insist on an Xray

• Posted

i went to ER today ans had a CT scan, chest xray, blood draw, and an ekg. everything came back normal. STILL no answers on why i have such horrible left side upper back pain and left side abdominal pain. i am relieved nothing was found but frustrated that I have been living with this for almost 6 months.

• Posted

hope you feel better soon! I have not had any children, but I have recently started noticing the same pain on my lower left side. I went to my GI doctor and he seemed convinced it is my colon. He said that if it gurgles and worsens with bowel movements or digestion it is likely colon pain. If not, and if the pain goes to your back, it may be your left ovary causing the issue. Wishing you luck! Keep us updated, I am also looking for some relief (hopefully soon!)

• Posted

glad you got some tests and they were all clear! but also not so good as you still dont know whats causing the pain. do you think it could be your stomach at all??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.