Left side chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi can anyone help I have had swelling lump for the first time around 3 years ago doctors discover the phone sounds like swollen cartilage recently over the past few weeks I have fell a lump over my left side above breast is more sore when lieing down or on my side sometimes feel.breathless and it.did used to.click sometime get some arm pain now and then please van some help me im going out of my mind and worried

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Nicole

Would highly recommend getting it checked out just to be safe but if it helps I had a flare up on my left side and a few weeks later got a small lump just under my breast. I had a ultrasound and they are happy it’s nothing serious. Possibly a fat necrosis (dead fat cells).

Even though whilst massaging it it hurt like hell it does help the pain afterwards. Goodluck

• Posted

Hi,

Please do go get it checked out by a doctor the right way. it may require you go to several doctors to rule things out one at a time.

But know this...these types of pains in the chest area and muscular skeletal and such can cause a LOT of anxiety which makes it even worse. Please try to stay calm and as you rule things out (or get to the cause) you will feel better about it.

I've had Costo for a year and a half and it is just starting to subside on its own. I dont know why I had it, never got to the root of it, but I did rule out other causes and as soon as I did that they anxiety stopped. It has taken what seems like forever for it to go away and ever so slowly. Here's some important tips I can give you. Listen to your body. Eat right. If you know certain foods inflame you or make you feel sick cut them out. Get some exercise, walking... cycling....something. Exercise helps. Gently stretch every day or night. If you smoke....stop. If you drink alcohol excessively.... stop. If you are overweight...lose weight.

good luck. Stay calm and don't let anxiety make it worse.

• Posted

Oh...and I did have breathlessness throughout the costochondritis episode, which got gradually less as it went away . It was hard to take a deep breath. It felt restricted. It was hard to even walk long distances or upstairs. My swelling was my sternum. Specifically my xiphoid process which was pressing on my diaphragm. I really thought I had blockage to my heart until I did a echo stress test which showed things were clear. Once I learned that my anxiety went way down. BTW. My doctor gave me Meloxicam which is an NSAID which helped a LOT. It meant I didn't have to take Ibuprofen all the time which tears up your stomach. I hope this helps. Just relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.