Left side chest pain that is worrying me, do I need to go back to the doctors?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Lately, I've been having left side chest pain that can be anywhere between the top of my left chest to the bottom. It's normally a sort of ache but can occasionally be sharp. The pain often goes in the left side of my upper back and shoulders too, with occasional sharp pains in my neck.

I believe the pain also gets worse when moving around and it can make me feel breathless and uncomfortable.

I'm a 19 year old female and recently went to the doctors with similar symptoms. The doctor diagnosed it as costochondritis but I can't see how I could have gotten this and the pain is still worrying me, especially as because it is around my heart.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.