Left side discomfort and bloating

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Starting to get really fed up and worried. I've had discomfort in my upper left stomach, on and off for months now. Sometimes the upper part feels swollen. It also radiates to my back and sometimes in my rib cage. I wouldn't say it was pain, just very uncomfortable and sometimes sore.

I also feel extremely bloated all day, from the minute I wake up.

Im on Omeprazole as the doctor seems to think this would cure it, even though I have been on them for what seems like an eternity! I stopped taking them for a few days as I wondered if they were doing more harm than good but I ended up with extreme Acid Reflux, to the point where I could have cried it was so painful! I'm back on them now and the acid has gone but still got the soreness and discomfort.

I had bloods done, all clear.

I'm getting so down now, just want this to go away. Can anyone relate?

Wendy xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add, sometimes it feels like I can't get a proper breath as my upper stomach feels so tight xx

• Posted

hI

I know exactly what u talking about

same here 4 month,

I was diagnosed with h-pylari, week of antibiotics didnt help

pylari still here , had to take more antibiotics

waiting to do test again

stomach is just so uncomfortable and bloated ,and indigestion ,just like you

so fed up of it ,sometimes could just curl up in a ball and stay in bed all day

😦

• Posted

Yep, I have this, have had it for almost a year. bloating, rib discomfort, constipation, back ache. Ive had lots of tests done and they all came back clear, they have put it down to IBS. Are you bowel movements ok? Have you had any blood tests or ultrasound?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.