Left side of body feels weird?

Posted , 25 users are following.

So I started having panic attacks and severe anxiety about 3 months ago. After I started having my panic attacks I noticed a weird sensation on the left side of my body. My elbow constantly feels like it was bumped against something and my lower leg muscles and lower arm muscles always feel sore/tired. I also sometimes get slight tingles on the left side of my body. They do not effect my head. My chiropractor says it is muscle tension so I keep going in for adjustments. I have been checked for autoimmune diseases and everything is clear. I was scared to death that it may be MS but MS don't present themselves in such a way. I've gotten into the habit of going to the gym and working it out but it just bothers me. Everyone says it is anxiety as I have been suffering from severely. It's hard to over come the anxiety when your body doesn't feel right. My therapist doesn't think going in for more tests is a good idea as going to the docs has become an addiction of some sort (reassurance) I have had two ekgs and a cat scan of my head. All fine. Does anyone else experience one sided body sensations in the muscle and joints?

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I do and I suffer with really bad health anxiety x
  • Edited

I have all kinds of weird sensations from anxiety. There are literally hundreds of potential anxiety symptoms. This is how so many anxiety sufferers develop health anxiety in particular, due to worrying about the symptoms caused by the original anxiety. It's awful isn't it. Then new symptoms crop up and, with them, more worry. It's hard to overcome a vicious cycle like this.

If you've been and had tests, you know your OK so try to take comfort in that. However, if you have any further symptoms or remain worried about these ones then I would say go back to the doctors if it's going to make you feel better.

All the best x

• Edited

Health anxiety is awful I've had it over a year now. I wake up every morning thinking there is something wrong with me. I can never wake up anymore thinking I'm fine. It gets abit better as the day goes on but it's dreadful to live with x

• Posted

Honestly I would be more worried if the symptoms were worse or new. I figured if it was neurological I would have trouble exercising and my symptoms wouldn't ease up when I am relaxed. This anxiety is horrible. It's all so new to me and unfortunately it hit me hard. Before this I never went to the doctors because I was never not feeling well.

• Posted

It's very debilitating to live in constant fear isn't it. Just stay away from Google, that's my best advice!

• Posted

I understand your pain. I've only been dealing with it for a couple of months and it's crippling. You just have to think to trust your body and that if there was something truly wrong you would know.

• Posted

So many of us with anxiety spend so much of every day worrying that we'll get some horrible illness. The truth is that we already have one: the anxiety. It's the worst thing I've ever had to deal with. And then when people tell you your symptoms are 'just anxiety', you start to worry you're going crazy! Good luck with your recovery. I'm doing CBT at the moment. Although it's early days, I can see it helping a bit.

• Posted

I am doing CBT as well. I was one of those people that didn't understand panic and anxiety and didn't believe in therapy until I went through it. Google is what caused this for me. I had no symptoms or pain when this started. It was sitting at home all day and googling that got me into this mess. Honestly I try to think about the people who really are going through something and how they are happy and able to cope and here I am healthy and miserable. It doesn't help that I am unemployed right now. At 31 I am going through the struggle lol

• Posted

I have this aswell I have a car crash a year ago but I think it's down to muscle tension I get the worst headaches ever sometimes off balance and dizzy I was thinking I had ms aswell I'm going to a neurologist next month my left arm is weaker than my right going in to my shoulder and neck I'll see what the neurologist says as I've been for Mris cts all normal

• Posted

It probably is just muscle tension. It's normal for one side of the body to be weaker because you don't use it as much. Have you been to a chiropractor? I wouldn't worry about ms. You wouldn't be able to do anything with your arm if it was ms and the same symptoms don't just come and go. Sometimes a good adjustment at the chiropractor does wonders. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

No I haven't I was thinking about going but was looking up if it works did you feel better after ?

• Posted

I am in the same boat. Had terrible health anxiety about 4 years ago and now it is back. I got my first ocular migraine a couple months ago and it has been a spiral since. Feeling like I can't use my hands, numbness in my feet/hands at times, dizzy, blurry and fuzzy vision, weakness in legs. Went to see my PCP and they turned to anxiety. No offer of a CT or MRI. I feel like I am just waiting for a symptom to become so bad that I have to go to the ER and prove my PCP wrong. I start therapy next week, but that feels like a lifetime away. I don't think MS would take years to develop, but maybe I am different and now it is back or something.

• Edited

So I went to get a breast exam done today because my left breast chest area has been bothering me. I am pretty sure it's because of my shoulder but anyways the doctor that check to me said that my left breast was a little bit more dance than my right and just to be on the safe side I should get an ultrasound done. So I am doing that tomorrow and I'm scared to death praying that everything is normal. I'm only 31 and he didn't feel any lumps and no other breast changes or skin changes but I'm still really really scared that they might find something.

• Posted

Keep us updated I get pain in my chest the same side my shoulder and neck pain is proberley muscular good luck hope everything is fine
    • Posted

Went to get the ultrasound today. The tech said she didn't see anything and the doctor didn't feel lumps. Just waiting for the report now. I honestly didn't think I needed the ultrasound. It's just causing me more worry and anxiety.

• Edited

Yep happens to me I still believe something's wrong with me I went for a MRI on my head a women rang me from hospital and said it came back not normal I went back to the hospital for my report and the person said your results came back normal here's you sheet I double checked it and it was normal but because that women on the phone who said it wasn't normal I'm still thinking I've got something like a brain tumour it's horrible trying to believe your ok when your body tells you different

• Posted

Brain tumors are not easy to miss. I think all the tightness in the breast and chest are due to my anxiety and terrible breathing habits. I only went to the breast exam to make sure. I am hoping the radiologist doesn't find anything. I have a small chest and it's not hard to check for lumps and stuff so I am sure between me and the doctor something would have been found. I do feel better that the tech said she didn't see anything. You don't have a brain tumor. It's your mind messing with you. Just relax and you will see how much better you feel.

• Posted

My ultrasound was normal! Thank God! Must me the stupid muscle tension I've been dealing with!

• Posted

My left breast is bothering me too. It almost feels like a numb sensation under the breast tissue… Is that something that you were experiencing? I’ve had 1 million tests done and no answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.