Left side pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have a low functioning gb and getting it removed soon , but did anyone have left side pain under the rib when touched ? i have it on the right aswell but dont no why it would hurt to touch the left.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hmmmmm, this is a bit ironic, I had a low fu nctioning gb that was removed in June. since the op I have experienced alot of this pain and have no idea what is is!! Dr didn't seem to be interested, mind you had been in his office for three years complaining about various symptoms which all led to my gb, I was dismissed as a time waster as no gallstones showed up on ultra sound, so please do keep posting about this if you get any answers.

all the best

• Posted

hi Beth, yes, I used to get a horrible pain where my gallbladder was, a squeezing pain after eating, plus huge pain behind my shoulder. my gb was very badly adhered to my liver and the histology showed it was very scarred. After the initial healing, feeling very sore etc, I then got gastritis which I gather can be quite common, now I have this pain, mainly after eating.

My surgeon did warn me it can take up to 6 months for the digestive system to get back to normal.

• Posted

i have pain either side i am waiting till after christmas to have the gall bladder out its been like it for a year now so fed up with it now ! i am in uk so your doctor told you it took 6 months blimey i really do not want to lose any more weight i have lost to much hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

Hiya

I am in the UK too, I was the same as you couldn't wait for it to go. I'm sure you'll be fine and recover really well, I think my surgeon wanted me to be aware that it may take a time given that my gb was so imbedded in my liver!! Also I am 59 but very fit and healthy, even so my 30 yr old cousin was totally back to normal and eating whatever she wanted within a month.

All the very best x

• Posted

Barbara, been in pain for a year or waiting for surgery for a year?

I've been in pain for nearly 2 years but not felt well for 2 1/2 years.

Finally had a HIDA scan 3 weeks ago and still waiting for results. Still it's only taken me 2 years to get of fighting and pushing to get this far.

• Posted

Hey, Matt, I'm waiting for a HIDA scan. Do post your results when you get them, please. This is such a great site for encouraging us to be our own advocates with our physicians, in spite of the tremendous resistance in the medical community. Mary

• Posted

Hi Mary, i got my results on Friday and my ejection fraction is 73%. The gastro said that's a normal % but i've read some sites saying that's overactive.

• Posted

Thanks for following up, Matt. Hope this is good news for you. I am still waiting to hear back for when my scan will be. Will post here if there are any developments at all but nothing so far.

Mary

• Posted

Hi Matt and Mary

Just wanted to wish you both well and hope that 2019 brings good health and answers to our on going issues x

• Posted

Thanks Joanna 👍

Hope you have a good Christmas and all the best for 2019 x

• Posted

Thanks Mary☺

Keep us posted 👍

Have a good Christmas☺☺☺

• Posted

Thank you, Joanna! Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and yes, for a coming year filled with good health and much happiness.

Mary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.