Left side pressure/fullness and dull pain towards back

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the last several weeks I've been feeling a sense of fullness and pressure in my left side (more towards my back than abdomen) almost like something is enlarged under the skin. This sensation gets worse as I sit at my chair at my job and somewhat relieves over time after I am off work. It is very bothersome and has me worried of what it could be. 

Over the last week there has additionally been a dull pain in my back on the left side just at the lowest rib. 

Also, I have been sick with a cough for the last week and have been having urine darker than normal 

For the past month I have been having varying stools that seem thinner than usual 

I am age 25 male / 165 pounds 

My unprofessional opinion thinks this could be something with my pancreas, kidneys, spleen, liver, or bowels. Any response is much appreciated

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Unfortunately it can be many things. The spleen is on the left side, this can get inflamed and enlarged. A lot of things can cause back pain, if urine is dark, it can mean your dehydrated, maybe your kidneys are sore due to this. Though narrow thin stools can result from cancer, this does not mean that if you have skinny BM’s you have colon cancer, it actually could be diverticulitis, or microscopic colitis. Best advice would be to go to doc’s and mention these diseases and see if he can refer you to be tested for them. Best of luck 👍. 

• Posted

I have confirmed epi, but everything you've just described is me for the past couple of weeks including cough.. it can definitely be pancreas related, but if you've yet to be diagnosed I would get checked out

• Posted

I'm 28...

I would follow up with your doctor could be sooo many things from a kidney infection to a problem with your spleen. You need to be evaluated.

• Posted

its interesting to me that my symptoms (the pressure and fullness) is so much more noticeable when I am sitting down and somewhat relieves upon standing for a while 
    • Posted

That's what mine is doing as well. I cnt lay on that side and when I sit it feels swollen. I don't want to go to the er br would like to get this figured out as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.