Left side underneath ribs pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey so I’ve been in pain for about 6 months with this pain and ive gotten multiple ultra sounds, lots of blood work, colonoscopy, endoscopy, MRI, got tested for Celiac. they’ve done everything they can and everything came back normal. So now what? My doctor put me on antidepressants thinking it may take the pain away cause my body is stressed. Hoping this helps but it’s been months and nothing is helping. Any suggestions!? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hmm i often wonder if stress exasperates an illness. I have been suffering stomach cramps for two months and awaiting a pelvic ultrasound hiwever i certainly notice the more i stress the worse i seem to feel....
  • Posted

Hmm i certainly believe that stress can exasperate a situation. I have had stomach cramps for two months and im awaiting a pelvic ultrasound.. when i stress over it the pain is definitely more intense.
    • Posted

I just feel like I don’t really have any stress to begin with. I’m 23 I don’t pay many bills, still live at home. But I do hate my job and overthink a lot and get nervous and anxious quite often 
  • Posted

See your doctor again and ask about IBS if your pain moves about and you get change of bowel habit.  If nothing else shows up, IBS can be diagnosed.  If your anti depressants have done nothing for you after months, they probably aren’t going to work. If they are going to help, they would have done something for you within 2-3 weeks maximum 6.   The anti depressants may also be causing side effects. Maybe try coming off them slowly and ask your doctor for an antispasmodic instead. Buscopan and nurofen work for me.

Stress and anxiety cam cause IBS and it also makes existing IBS worse.  Try distraction techniques like a hobby or light exercise to take your mind off the pain.  This will help you.

• Posted

Hi, I have pain in the same place. I've had loads of tests/scans etc, I know it's not food or stress related either (im not a stressy person and no food triggers pain, it's 24/7). My dr told me there is no other tests I can have and to just live with the pain. Then a few days ago he called me as had put my case forward to a board of drs at his suegery.... I am now beomg referred to a gynaecologist to investigate endometriosis... this does not get picked up any any scans or blood tests. I'm just waiting for my appointment to come through. Maybe worth a shot.

• Posted

its good you are being referred to gyno, to see about the endometritis, years and years, ago, I had that, I was young at the time, I am in my 60's now, but they gave me medication to take care of it, had to take it for aa long while like 9 months, but it worked, 

• Posted

I have the same symptoms on the left side under the ribs. I’ve had it for about seven weeks now. Also after my colonoscopy I developed severe indigestion, bloating, burping. I’m scared. I saw a gastroenterologist today who has ordered abdominal ultrasound, and endoscopy and did some blood work. He said of those come out normal  and I’m still having the same symptoms, he will do a CT scan of the of Abdominal  area. Have you had a CT scan? 

Prilosec helps a little bit but not completely. I’m taking simethicone 180 mg for gas. 

A CT SCAN  is about the only thing left I can think of for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.