Left side waist pain for over 6 years!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone... I am also having similar symptoms as you all but what's different in me is that I am only 17. Ive been having this for over 5 years now, maybe up to 7 and I am SCARED I will have this for the rest of my life. I do not drink at all either, never even tried it. And I don't smoke. I've been to doctors and I've done tests, some tell me it's a urine infection and most tell me it's just gas.

I have this pain at least once a month. I have this excruciating pain on the left side of my waist all the way to my back. I can't lay down and take heavy breaths. The pain usually lasts 3-4 days. I can't sleep at night since whenever I lay down, the pain gets 100000x worse. Once the paid got so bad, I took a long piece of cloth and tied it around my waist really really tight. I just needed a tiny bit of relief. Rubbing my waist helps but I can't do that all night can I? I take Panadol in hopes it'll help, but it does nothing. Someone told me it might be psychological but how can it??

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

Im still so young and I'm terrified for my future.

I'm fed up and I can't do this anymore, I just want to know what's going on in my body so that I treat it!!!!

0 Reply

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi everyone... I am only 17. Ive been having this for over 5 years now, maybe up to 7 and I am SCARED I will have this for the rest of my life. I do not drink at all either, never even tried it. And I don't smoke. I've been to doctors and I've done tests, some tell me it's a urine infection and most tell me it's just gas.

I have this pain at least once a month. I have this excruciating pain on the left side of my waist all the way to my back. I can't lay down and take heavy breaths. The pain usually lasts 3-4 days. I can't sleep at night since whenever I lay down, the pain gets 100000x worse. Once the paid got so bad, I took a long piece of cloth and tied it around my waist really really tight. I just needed a tiny bit of relief. Rubbing my waist helps but I can't do that all night can I? I take Panadol in hopes it'll help, but it does nothing. Someone told me it might be psychological but how can it??

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

Im still so young and I'm terrified for my future.

I'm fed up and I can't do this anymore, I just want to know what's going on in my body so that I treat it!!!!

• Posted

hi, I get pain left side of waist when i have been sitting say on the beach too long in a uncomfortable place say pebbly i always thought it to do with posture and back pain.
  • Posted

Hi sofia20742

Have you had an ultrasound scan or CT scan of your abdominal area ...if not requst to have one...go see your doc and ask.him/her to arrange one for you....do not be fobbed off..you are entitled to a second opinion under the Patients Charter if your in UK.....best wishes keep us posted...

• Posted

Also sofia...you mention you get this pain monthly.....it may be due to ovulation before your monthly period starts...you say you've had it for 6 years approx..how long ago did your period start?

• Posted

6-7 yeas ago too, but I don't always get this pain before my period.

I'm having this pain right at this moment and my periods ended yesterday.

I'm so fed up because my doctors can't figure out what's wrong with me.

I can't sleep, I can't lay in bed and rest! I can't sit and not keep on moving my back and stretching it so that I don't feel the pain.

Please tell me what's wrong with me, I'm so scared yet so done with this. And I'm tired of going to the doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.