Left sided head pressure that’s lasted for a month

Posted ,

This is my first time ever posting on a forum like this but thought that I spend so much time googling and reading about everyone elses symptoms trying to get some answers that I may aswell put mine out there.

New years day I woke up with a headache/migraine it didn't feel much different from my usual headaches only it lasted a couple of days hurt my left shoulder and really felt like it was coming from inside my neck and collarbone! I got my partner to massage the area just to try and get rid of the pain that I was then thinking could have just been muscular.. anyway i finally managed to get rid of the headache and I was left with an extreme brain fog feeling and the occassional stabbing pangs of pain throughout my head, I googled and came up with postdrome which is a form of migraine effects after having the main thing.

since having that I've just been left with left sided pressure always starting from behind my left eye the minute I awake then slowly moving from there to my temple and back towards my head and behind my ear.. originally when it began it felt like it affected my sinuses causing pressure in the side of my nose and cheek and also around the corner of my eye and outer edge of eyebrow was painful to touch at times.. now it just continues to be a dull pressure feeling in the left side of my head with occasional neck and shoulder twinges.. I've been to A&E twice after going to the GP about my symptoms and her sending me there with a rapid pulse, the doctors there said it was due to an infection and I was given IV antibiotics and oral antibiotics to take home which didn't seem to really achieve much, I've been back to the doctors since then and she really didn't seem fussed putting it down to anxiety related issues which I admit I do suffer with from time to time and mainly when it comes to health related things.. I'm very rarely ill and so when I am I do jump to the extreme conclusions and think the worst. I've had 2 eye examinations just to check due to the eye pressure and that was all fine just a slight change to my prescription but my last eye test was like 9 years ago! could this be migraine related? I'm obviously worried that it's something far more sinister but have been reassured that I'm not showing any signs that would make doctors think that way.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.