Left sided pain and vomiting

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. I've been having unbearable pain in my left side about 3 inches left of navel directly under left rib and sometimes goes more to my side area and it hurts when I press. It always wakes me in night and I'm sweating and in agony then I get nauseous and vomit. I also am sitting on lol with bowl of vomit and trying to poo, but when I push to try and poo the pain in my side gets worse. It sometimes helps if I can open bowels and be sick but it is not diarrhoea. I used to have random attacks every few months and would be fine next morning, but now I have slight dull ache all the time on left side. I'm also b12 lacking. Anybody got any ideas? Waterworks are fine and I don't drink much alcohol either. Worried and dic says it's a mystery!!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anxy. I do have pancreatitis and i do get that left-sided pain you describe. I have it as i type. If you have pancreatitis eating any food with fat in it will cause an attack. And even one drop of alcohol. What tests have you had done?
    • Posted

Hi candice. I've only had an ultrasound but was all clear. Doctor seems to think I'm making it all up, he said hmmm, never heard of these symptoms! I felt silly. Last time I had an attack I'd eaten pringles and a few chocolates, the pain woke me bout 2-3 hours after. Do you find that it hurts to poop when you have an attack? I can't seem to push cuz it hurts so much in my left side. Do you get sweats too? X

• Posted

Find new doc - you shouldn't be suffering like this - blood tests - ERCP -

• Posted

Thanks Ellen what's is Ercp? Yea my doc thinks I'm mad I think.

• Posted

You most likely had pain from the pringles and chocolate. My first attack came after eating a chocolate. It can hurt to use the loo but not always. I just have constant unbearable pain in my back, under my ribs and down my left side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.