LEFT TESTICLE PAIN

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello .

I am 20 years and the past 4 months of my life have been a disaster.

It all started with a pain on the left testicle while i was lying down in bed with my face looking at the bed .That night i went to the emergencies where they performed an uktrasound which showed nothing more than a tiny small inflammation. I was given no meds and i went home .Since then the pain is mediocre but always there ,it only shows up when i press the testicle ,for example at the moment im relaxed at the bed and feel no pain at all but if i touch my testicle the pain will come .I went to many urologists who couldnt explain whats wrong .At some point i was afraid of prostatitis but thats not the case probably cause i have no other symptoms . Yesterday as i moved the testicle i had an insane pain which made me go to the hospital but this time they said that there is a tiny hydrocele which shouldnt be responsible for the pain and that maybe im having intermittent torsions thus having pain .They suggested a testicular fix(surgery)  to make the testicle more stable and check whats wrong but i think that wont do the trick cause the pain doesnt occur and then dissapears ,its always there like a discomfort that may turn to pain when pushed. whats should i do ? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You should see a urologist who specializes in testicular pain. It sounds to me like you have epididimytis or an epididimyl cyst on your left testicle. Try taking some NSAIDs like Advil or Motrin. Also an antibiotic like Keflex might do the trick if I am correct. But for sure see a urologist who specializes in testicular pain!

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks a million for the response . Is there such thing as an urologist who specializes in testicles ? I have never taken any meds . Ill try and see what happens im really scared this is here to stay .
    • Posted

Yes - the field of "testicular pain" is a very big part of urology and you need a doctor with that specialty. You need him to rule out things like STDs, prostatitis, urinary tract infection etc. If you catch it early then the meds will just be temporary but if you wait too long the problem could become chronic and bug you for many years!

• Posted

I have had sperm test that showed pseudomonas aeruginosa but the docs said it would be impossible to have this cause its something you get from a hospital if you get in a surgery.Really confused over this and i keep reading about people not getting cured and i feel so anxious .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.