Left upper abdomen pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so January 26th I started having what I thought was stomach pains & drank a sprite went to a friends wedding thinking I’d wake up & feel better! 3 weeks later now I still have this pain about two inches left of my belly button, tender to touch & get nausea a lot! My doctor did an exam & thought he felt something concerning so sent me right away for blood work & ct scan with contrast & it all came back normal! Here I am still in pain! I see the Gastrologist this Wednesday anyone else experience this!? Google says the worse ???????

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cassie, yes! Although mine seems to be the whole left side of my bowel/stomach, from my belly button and downwards - a sharp pain, sometimes an ache and also burning. I’ve also been having nausea. Before this started I’d been been “diagnosed” with IBS although had no formal investigations, so I put it down to that. I’ve had friends who have had the same and as daft as it sounds have said it’s a bad bout of trapped wind! I’ve got a call with my GP today so will see what they think.... it’s always easy to think the worst but I’m sure whatever it is there’s a simple remedy for it. I too had been drinking lots of pop after not having it for a while so thought it could be that. 
    • Posted

Let me know what you find out I see mine for the first time Wednesday! 
    • Posted

So I seen my GP.... she thinks it's acid reflux! So I'm to take 30mg Lansoprazole AM and 30mg PM for 2-4 weeks to try and settle it. I'm a bit dubious but I'll try it and see. I've also been referred to a dietician too so that should be handy.

• Posted

Ignore google and listen to what your doctor tells you and what your tests  indicate. They will give you an accurate explanation for what may be wrong.  Dr Google is not accurate.  Does your pain move about and do you have bowel habit change?  
  • Posted

I’ve noticed sometimes after eating it hurts worse & sometimes I feel a little pain in the lower right! It feels as if someone is squeezing my intestines. Another weird thing is I get inner foot pain at times! I have the occasional runs, not often but sometimes & ive noticed lately I’m a lot more filled with air. Burping more. I am in constant pain so I am hoping for an answer Wednesday 

• Posted

I have been trying so gross but I just went to the bathroom & noticed a mucuc looking stuff on my poop. I am panicking 

• Posted

Okay I’ll try not to I’ve been so emotional as I am a mommy of two little ones & this really effects my mood & everything! I am trying to keep strong but being in pain has not been easy! What will they do to test for ibs!? & what do I do completely change my eating! I’ve started with no dairy or gluten idk what to do next! 

• Posted

Okay I’ll try not to I’ve been so emotional as I am a mommy of two little ones & this really effects my mood & everything! I am trying to keep strong but being in pain has not been easy! What will they do to test for ibs!? & what do I do completely change my eating! I’ve started with no dairy or gluten idk what to do next! 

• Posted

You can’t test for IBS because it is functional so nothing will show on any test or scan.  Either your doctor will diagnose IBS on the basis of your symptoms if he is confident that your GI problems are not down to another cause.  If he is in any doubt, he will order tests to exclude other causes.

Try a food/symptom diary and note down everything you eat and record if you get any reaction to it.  Only exclude the food if it upsets your stomach.

• Posted

You may also find that food doesn’t affect you.  I have IBS with no food triggers; stress is my only trigger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.