Left with light blotches all over arms, is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter is just 2.5 and suffers from eczema. I've noticed since shes got a tan that she has blotches of untanned skin on her arms, it's really obvious. Is this from the eczema and likely to go? I'm just a bit worried that the eczema has damaged the pigment in the skin or something. Has anyone else experienced this??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yes this is from the eczema i experience the same thing. once the eczema is gone the pigmentation will go back to normal eventually with time. For me it seemed like it took a decent while but pigment does all even out. 

Now if your treating your daughter currently for ezcema thats what you should be more focused on, the current treatment for doctors is to presribe some kind of steriod cream problem with that is it just temporarily makes the ezcema go away then comes back forcing you to contantly be applying the steriod cream eventually you get something called steriod addiction. Just look at some of my other post and comments to read more about it. 

my best advice on what completely cleared me up is dont apply nothing to the skin, you will have good days it might get worse then get better then all the sudden seem like getting worse but eventually eczema will just die out of the body with just time and time alone. Since your daughter is still young this is the best time for her to heal, if you have her on any steriod creams or that nature stop them asap. if you do have her on them, yes she will flare up the ezcema will get worse but since shes young eventually with time it will just die out of her body, since shes young it shouldnt take that long and by not long probably half a year maybe more, 

for me i started steriod creams for ezcema at 18 used them all the was to 27, i finally did enough research and realized its the creams that kept prolonging the ezcema, i finally stopped all steriod creams. It took me a full 2 years of drastic flare ups, burning skin pigment loss but i can finally say its all gone, not one single rash not one single flare up or anything ive completley healed. 

If your not treating her right now with anything then goood just keep it that way since shes young her body will eventually just burn off the ezcema it will go away i promise. Everyone here might say try this soap or this lotion or this and that, none of that works all it does is disguise the sympton then as soon as u stop any of those products the ezcema or rash or whatever just returns. I know most ppl dont want to accept this answer but the best answer is just time, let the body do its course and it will balance out i promise. 

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. It's nice to hear that it should eventually even out. We do have steroid creams which I just apply when it's particularly bad as she's had infected eczema before and I want to avoid that again. I was a bit worried that it could be the steroids that has changed the pigment in her skin, I really don't like using them and like you say it does just come back again anyway. It's manageable without steroids now that the suns come out so hopefully we can have a good few months without using it. Hopefully she will grow out of it soon, Its far worse this year than last year but I have heard that a lot of kiddies do grow out of it so fingers crossed. Thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.