Leg ache, suggestions? Fibro

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Iv got really bad leg ache. It seems to always be in my left leg. It's annoying.

After a year of loads of different aches and pains. I finally got told I have Fibro, or what the rhumertolagist (how ever you spell it) told me I had "the start of fibromyalgia". I'm 23 years old and this is driving me insane.

Previously I became very anxious to say the least. I was back and forth from the Drs. And they made me feel like I was losing my mind. I even questioned it myself at one point lol!

After finally being told something was wrong (Fibro) my anxiety has practically subsided. And I feel a million percent better. In that way anyway.

But my leg pain is horrible. Constantly aching. If I'm sitting. Standing. Just aches.

But because it's more one leg. It makes me question if it's Fibro.

I went back to the gp last week. And she said. "Amy it's your fibro" and I just feel like they think I'm a exaggerating my pain maybe.

I recently found out I am pregnant and I'm completely over the moon. But this constant worry is not good.

I don't know much about Fibro. Iv read a lot since being diagnosed. But I didn't think it could just be pain in one leg. It's strange.

Any advice?

Thanks so much for reading. X

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If the pain in the left leg is from the achilles tendon at the ankle the best way to relief it is to move your foot up and down to excercise it.  You don't say how long you have been pregnant but that could also have something to do with the pain.  Is the left leg hard or solid or soft to touch.

​If it's hard and solid it could be a clot.  Which needs to be sorted at the hospital.

You could take an inflamatory pain killer but check with pharmacist if pregnant.

I too have pain in left leg only but I know that it is from my achilles tendon and I have to excercise my foot.

• Posted

I went to the Drs last week and Asked if a blood clot could be there and she said no I have no swelling. Redness or symptoms of a clot she said. And the pain can be in my calf mainly. Sometimes my shins. The bottom half of my leg though. Iv never heard of that Achilles before. I'll have to search it.

It's like a dull ache. Some days it goes away. Some days it's bad

And I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Iv had leg ache on and off for ages though. It's horrible. Thanks for replying

• Posted

Does it ache all your calf? What does the pain feel like??
    • Posted

Morning Amy; I'm going to agree with what Doc has said, for yes, we all get the "aching leg/s"....what I do, and have suggested to others, is to buy some Tubigrip from the chemist/pharmacy, and wear this over leg.....it is made to increase the blood flow, but has helped me enormously, and find that my legs ache more at night (some call it Restless Leg Syndrome), ....and especially at night (I wear them every night to bed), and you may find that the "same ache" may come in your  arms, so this works there, too....good luck with your bub, and wishing you much joy and happiness, as this is a beautiful time for you to enjoy...............Bron 
  • Posted

If you have a tens machine and the calf is soft you could ease the pain with that.
  • Posted

Hi amy01421 Im never free from leg pain I have it constantly. I get it both legs but sometimes its just in my right leg. Because your pregnant you have to check with dr what you can cant take for pain relief. but what I do is put a wheat bags on them or hot water bottles, as Im unable to take anything for pain relief. warm bath may also help.take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.