Leg cast

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm now 10 days post op my ankle pain seams to have calmed down but I think my cast is rubbing on my ankle? At first I thought I could feel the plate but I think it's the cast rubbing? My appointment is in another 5 days don't know what to do? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha.  I wouldn't wait 5 days if it is bothering you.  I had a lot of pain from the cast and each time I called my doctor and he told me to come in right away and they would recast my foot.  The fiberglass, if it has a wrinkly can really dig into your foot.  No doctor should make you wait 5 days if you are in pain.

• Posted

Hi Samantha, I had this problem also. you could be getting a sore from the cast rubing..thats what happened to me it hurt like a b@@@h..
  • Posted

Tell your doctor asap. My leg swelled up in my cast and created another wound around my knee. My doctor had to remove the cast before it got worse. Ive had a lit of bad experiences with my knee but I finally found a good team pf doctors at Cedars Sinai, Beverly Hills. But my accident was June 2016! It took that long and numerous infections to find the right doctor, but don't give up!

• Posted

Hi Samantha!

I had the same problem. First I thought it was the ankle part, but my doctor said there's no part in that area. However, it was the cast rubbing on the side of my ankle, which created a big blood blister. My doctor just popped it and I was fine after that. 

After PT, my ankle swells up, and it rubs inside my boot. So, I ice it to make the swelling go down, and elevate my foot for as long as possible. Hopefully it's nothing major, just a part of healing. 

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi,

I made the mistake of waiting and I had two large blisters and developed osteomyelitis which landed me in the hospital for a week. Not trying to frighten you but I wished someone had told me not to wait. 

I had not discovered this wonderful forum until after the hospitalization. 

Best of luck to you! It gets better.

Karen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.