Leg cast duration

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Im on my 3rd week of having leg cast, my tibia was injured because of an accident and the doctor told me that it should be better after 4wks time after I had my leg cast. But i can still feel some pain on my legs, is this normal? And what is the average time for a leg injury to be okay? Hope someone can help me. I'm 19yrs old

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think that's pretty normal for a fracture. I broke my foot just under five weeks ago and it still twinges from time to time even though I haven't been walking on it. Even if the bones are healing all the muscles and tendons will probably be stiffening up and cramping from lack of movement, which can make your leg ache.

Broken bones usually take about 6-8 weeks to heal, though it's sometimes less for minor fractures and more if there's extra complications.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reply. I will be going back to the doctor next week and hopes that my leg cast can be removed
  • Posted

Stay away from soda, too much bread and sugar since these cause inflammation swelling and pain. Drink milk. Get some super green powder.
  • Posted

Hi,

In my opinion, leg pain takes some time to get normal. Do some massage and take rest.

Thanks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.