Leg cast help pls

Posted , 2 users are following.

I broke my ankle nearly 5 weeks ago have it off this Friday

No surgery

I'm just after some advice on what to expect

I'm such a worrier and have worried the whole time that it won't heal

When I had my last appointment 4 weeks ago and had a fibre glass cast put on the doctor said I'd have it on until my appointment on the 2nd of June then I'd go back X-ray cast off and walk.

I just worry that I'll go back and it hasn't healed I am just so paranoid all the time since doing this.

Any reassuring advice you can give me will be great fully appreciated

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi lisa. I'm same as you with my next appointment. But I ve had surgery where plates and screws on both sides, one side bad!! I too have worried from day 1. Every pain and can feel the plates and screws in against the cast more every day and worried it's moved or pierced my skin. Talking to ppl on forums who haven't had surgery, they say they recover well. I know that I will need to have another cast or boot for a few more weeks! 😢 😢 😢. But you not having surgery doesn't mean your not worried. I wish you well for the 2nd June and a speedy recovery. Sx

• Posted

Thank you. I have just been worried from the day I done it. I'm just stressing all the time. I think I'm scared aswell about Friday. Just so nervous

• Posted

Understandable lisa. When something happens to us and we don't know what to expect it's worrying. I'm scared stiff for my appointment. Can't wait to get it over. It's just the plates I'm worried about, just hope they haven't moved. My last appointment I had stitches removed and it was hurendus!! But got told by consultant that he was happy with everything. So I have everything crossed!!! Sx

• Posted

Thanks for ur kind words.

I wish u well and a speedy recovery x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.